Martial Arts

Which Martial/Fighting Arts do you study?

• Aikido

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boxing (including Thai or Kickboxing)

• Judo

• Ju Jitsu

• Karate

• Kendo/Wushu (weaponry)

• Ninjitsu

• Tae Kwon Do

• Tai Chi

• Other

• Total voters
Best answers
i practice shorenryu karate, i've been doing it probably 8 months now and its been a lot of fun. I took taekwando and aikido a long time ago, but either i was too young to be a good student or the teachers weren't very good. Either way i'm doing great now, and its an amazing amount of excersize, full contact sparring roxxorz.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I really would not know where to find a local Tai Chi school, so read books adn research about it. No it wasnt like I saw DBZ for the first time, then started reading chi articles on google for about a week.

I have done plenty of excercises regarding Tai Chi, not on the martial level yet, but more of controlling and/or focusing chi, and it actually helps. I can make myself stronger, faster, or more alert by will for a short period of time, that's why I asked AxMan about a good upper body strength work out, so if my base level increase, my 'hieghtened' abiltity will increase as well.

Oh, and Tiger Shulman's karate for 2 years, if that counts :p
do hand stands, walk on your hands, hop, standing push ups un assisted.

gets the job done

edit

bioball get some books, i dont think you can go to a 'dojo' for that sort of thing, i havent seen it anywhere other than movies

read some books, den mak is a good one, then read some books about the mind, ninjitsu isnt all that special.

i sort of dabble in capoeira, pardon spelling.

Best answers
there is actually a ninjutsu school around where i live(washington state), and i know at least one person who has gone to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I have studied Tae Kwon Do for 9 years, Tiger Claw for one, and I have learned bits and peices of Tang Soo Do, Hapkido, Akido, Judo, Jujitsu, Muy Thai Kickboxing, white crane, tai-chi, greco-roman wrestling, and Karate.
I didnt know Tiger Claw was a style? I thought it was jsut some company that madfe sparing gear, weapons, belts, etc. They're always at my tournaments!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
It's chinese name is Hun Gar, and it's one of the 5 animals of Shaolin Wushu.
Our representive animals are the tiger and dragon. What else is there? I know theres the Tiger, Dragon, Snake.... and thats it D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tiger, Dragon, Crane, Snake, Leopard.

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've studied both Tae Kwon Do and Jeet Kun Do, both from the same instructor at different points in my life. But like tolore said, I'm not sure if he was that great of an instructor or if I was that poor of student. I plan on getting back into martial arts again, most likely TKD. I'd do Muay Thai too because it's fun to say and I saw Ong Bak recently. I just want to find a place here that isn't a belt factory.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I studied hapkido (dunno if that's how you spell it) when I was a mere child at the age of 8yrs old. I finished with it at blue belt and two red tips. Iv'e also done a little bit of karate, but that only lasted about 5 weeks tops as I started to kick to much ass around me.

Best answers
i am doing Kendo and i have been doing it for a Year now, and i am still ungraded ( by choice)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am self-taught in short and long style T'ai Chi Ch'uan, with this being the 6th year of practice.

Best answers
When i was 6y. old then i studied Karate for a feau years.
I have a Leather belt in my closet. But ususaly i tie my pants up with a pice of roap. :)
Sayd that cus i didnt compeet for a yellow belt.(it is a shame of mine) I had to go to scool. :\
I would have studied more martial arts but none were teached near my home.
Ecept for judo, some type of wresling and Kick boxing. dont know why i dint take those.
The greatest conspiracy of all time will be the 'placebo healthcare' most people consider, for example, tylenol or aspirin. If no one was sick, then drug companies would go bankrupt.

Stop using western excuses... and start realizing the cure is all around you.
Well im proud to say i usualy never take eny medicin what i havent made my self (i know a little of herbalism) cus they are poison.(ment to kill the illness but poison non the less and no toubt that it will have an affect on my organism)

Best answers
My friend taught me how to punch block and reverse even the best of throws. I work on that as a fighting style.
I sparr with him quite a bit but neither of us have the funds to go lern anything major.
Basically , I'm happy that I know how to fight above average and I'll stick with that.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
mm ... I have a yellow belt in Judo ... but Judo isnt really worth anything -.-
Also its almost 10 years ago ... geez im getting old >_<

Best answers
hem.. well, I've allways been interested in martial arts, because my father is self-taught in karate.. so Ive been doing Taekwondo (WTF - sport) no belt :p But i switched to Wing Tsun Kung-Fu simply because its a really great thing, really helpfull when it comes to self-defense.. :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About Dim Mak since someone brought it up. Dim Mak is a very dangerous art and requires the upmost deciplined student to be taught. Usually it takes a heck of a lot more than that to be taught since you can not walk up to a Sensei and ask to be taught. Though, now-a-days it is hard to find a Sensei that teaches only Dim Mak (without the addition of other arts).

And about Chi; There are many definitions that explain what Chi is, so assuming it as being only bio-energy would be incorrect.

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
Judo, Ju Jitsu, Wing Chun kung fu. received a black belt in judo and ju jitsu around teh age of 17...rently within the past 2 years i received a black belt in Wing chun.
black BELT in Wing Chun ? LOL

Best answers
I used that term as a mediphor...at least one person knows it isn't about belts...My sensei, Mr. Krivosta uses a "belt" system for knowledge...He uses it to put into groups the students so that the knowledge of each can grow on one another. So in terms of knowledge he uses a rank of black belt since i have studied it for such a long period of time. If you care to talk about it further you can pm me

Best answers
im going to aikido, i have green belt :laff: , learned really mutch. In my class there no one that can beat me. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom