Mars-related Conspiracy

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The Pheonix landing is supposed to happen today...Just another snippet of reality skewed before being handed down to the people of Earth? I believe so.

On January 6, NASA released the first color picture of Mars received from the Spirit rover. And it's all still... red - including the sky. While Mars is the 'Red' Planet, it's not necessarily 'normal' for the Martian sky to be so red on Mars. Richard Hoagland, for instance, has in the past discussed this issue of Mars' artificial redness as seen in NASA pictures.
Source: http://www.goroadachi.com/etemenanki/mars-hiddencolors.htm

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe there's already a discussion in progress about the Phoenix landing.

I'll redirect users there: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=70441

EDIT - As this thread isn't actually about the Phoenix landing at all, I've edited the title to something more generic (but more accurate, I suppose) and have reopened it. Sorry for the mix-up.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..So where's the conspiracy?

This thread fails to deliver.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So because the "Red Planet" is..."Too red", there is something going on behind closed doors?

=/

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they always have to cover-up something? (or at least that's what i understood).

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So because the "Red Planet" is..."Too red", there is something going on behind close doors?

=/
Saturation is a BIG DEAL chakra, no messin round man SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I mean think of how much they gain by hiding the true redness of mars!

This is unspeakable.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would imagine the rust in the atmosphere is what is causing everything to look filtered red. They do have some wind on mars, and the entire surface of the planet is made out of rocks and rust... Rust is red.

When we have dust storms here everything looks brown and dirty. Same concept. The closer the camera is to the ground, the more particles you're going to catch in the photographs, including anything the rover just kicked up while it was moving, which would make it look more red in the outer atmosphere than it should.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would imagine the rust in the atmosphere is what is causing everything to look filtered red. They do have some wind on mars, and the entire surface of the planet is made out of rocks and rust... Rust is red.

When we have dust storms here everything looks brown and dirty. Same concept.
Ha! You can't trick us. Show us that picture without the red filters!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will point out at this point, that much of what Hoagland says should be taken with a grain of salt. Hit his wikipedia page to see what I mean.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough goading, and that goes for everybody. Don't post in the thread unless you have something relevant to add. There's been enough amusement acquired at the expense of others on this board in the last few months, we don't need the trend to keep itself up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough goading, and that goes for everybody. Don't post in the thread unless you have something relevant to add. There's been enough amusement acquired at the expense of others on this board in the last few months, we don't need the trend to keep itself up.
How is that goading? That's the entire theory behind why we're not seeing blue skies and light red terrain in the pictures NASA releases to the public. Just look at the side by side pictures: One has a red filter, the other has a blue filter. The entire conspiracy is NASA is doctoring their pictures. Why? I don't know. Having an Earth-like Mars isn't allowed, apparently.

Edit: I just scanned through most of it and there is no conspiracy. NASA explains quite clearly why the pictures are the way they are. They're not out to trick people. They don't have a hidden agenda in this regard. Just read the bottom half of the page.

Goading: An agent or means of prodding or urging; a stimulus.

Nixanthros said:
These may assist in your understanding as well:

Trolling: Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards

Antagonize: To incur the dislike of; provoke hostility or enmity

The idea is to stop posting garbage that has no purpose other than to prod another user into posting defensively over a point that you don't care enough to have a serious discussion over. Just stop posting if your purpose is strictly to agitate somebody in a thread you disagree with. Pretty please. ~Boyster

Oh. I didn't realize you were Jinx, nor did I realize I was antagonizing Jinx by playfully speaking directly to you. You'll have to forgive me for making a joke related to the content of the article, that being the useage of filters to distort the photos taken by NASA. I'll be sure never to make a joke again for fear of antagonizing a person who isn't being spoken to or about, especially when ultra serious conspiracy theories are concerned.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why is this stuff only "caught" in jinx's threads?

yeah, Mars is red. if you've been around as much rust as i have you'll know that rust is almost blood red.

how the hell did anyone get conspiracy out of it? i thought it was common knowledge of filtering the red color to get a better view of the planet.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
Oh. I didn't realize you were Jinx, nor did I realize I was antagonizing Jinx by playfully speaking directly to you. You'll have to forgive me for making a joke related to the content of the article, that being the useage of filters to distort the photos taken by NASA. I'll be sure never to make a joke again for fear of antagonizing a person who isn't being spoken to or about, especially when ultra serious conspiracy theories are concerned.
It is a little late in the game for you to pull the naivety card. I had imagined you to be someone intelligent and rational enough to know when he had posted something that might, directly or indirectly, aggravate another user without adding anything of value to a forum thread, but in light of this new "I'm making jokes" revelation I believe my faith may have been misplaced. You're either intentionally confrontational or helplessly oblivious with regards to social graces, and you can't have it both ways.

Stop stirring **** up. If you absolutely have to make a wise-crack try sugar-coating it for us with actual content that is relevant to the thread at hand. The forum is going all to hell lately and it's because of these spam tactics. If I can't pull it back on track, I'm going to start removing the users who are bringing it down. Is it really so hard to add something of value to the thread or just to stay out of it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a little late in the game for you to pull the naivety card. I had imagined you to be someone intelligent and rational enough to know when he had posted something that might, directly or indirectly, aggravate another user without adding anything of value to a forum thread, but in light of this new "I'm making jokes" revelation I believe my faith may have been misplaced. You're either intentionally confrontational or helplessly oblivious with regards to social graces, and you can't have it both ways.

Stop stirring **** up. If you absolutely have to make a wise-crack try sugar-coating it for us with actual content that is relevant to the thread at hand. The forum is going all to hell lately and it's because of these spam tactics. If I can't pull it back on track, I'm going to start removing the users who are bringing it down. Is it really so hard to add something of value to the thread or just to stay out of it?
That's absolute bull****. Saying your picture had a filter on it is in absolutely no way an attempt to anger Jinx, nor should it be taken that way. I make a crack about the conspiracy theory itself, and it's wrong. You begin to speak directly to me, and at me, accusing me of being oblivious, and it's perfectly alright? How much of this has to do with forum procedure and how much of this has to do with you still being angry about a retarded conversation on Aim?

The "wise crack" was completely on topic as that is exactly what the theory is accusing NASA of doing: apply filters to their pictures for whatever reason. I'm not speaking to Jinx, about Jinx, about his character, about the mindset of someone who believes the theory or anything even close to the aforementioned. I'm addressing the theory directly.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't intend to speak in favor of DA or Nix in here, but I would like to request that the discussion going on between the two of you be moved to a more private medium. I don't know that matters are going to be helped by keeping this sort of debate public.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The Pheonix landing is supposed to happen today...Just another snippet of reality skewed before being handed down to the people of Earth? I believe so.

Source: http://www.goroadachi.com/etemenanki/mars-hiddencolors.htm
I'm sorry, but I have reason to believe, by your own postings, that there is no conspiracy here. And if you can't see it for yourself, buy a telescope, and take a look at Mars when it's visible from Earth. If you look at it, you will see it's noticeably...red. Mars is extremely red. It's sky is red, it's surface is red. There are many storms on mars which kick around dirt, which is again, red. Take a look at the Earth. It's blue. It's blue because when the light from the Sun hit the Earth it refracts, like a prism, exposing the hue blue.

I'm sure it's somewhat the same for Mars, however with so much red on the planet and all the storms kicking dust and dirt, which are red, around you get an entirely red planet.

I don't need a scientist to tell me that. I can just use my eyes. In fact, there are certain times of the year where Mars is visible to the human eye.

Not to mention I can't really justify the credibility the website you posted has to offer. If it was posted by some other more credible source, maybe I'd believe it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mars had better be the way I saw it in Total Recall or I am going to be very, very disappointed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know exactly what the atmosphere of mars is made up, but if I had to take a guess I'd say it has large amounts of CO2 or CO.
That being said, you can observe red skies on earth, if the sun is hitting it in a certain angle.
This effect gets magnified by carbon in the atmoshpere. This is the reason why the evening sky is much redder in industrial regions.

Well a before post edit:
Checked up on wikipedia, 95% CO2 and a much thinner atmosphere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should try to incorporate a point into your posts jinx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom