Mars methane discovery hints at presence of life

Force Pit Member
Best answers
they found methan, ok, so?, from what i seen from the pics they found it in around or in a crater case closed. but there are some animals called extremophiles and some can live off methan so theres a litle gate for suspicion there.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No the methane is not supposed to be something an archon extremophile is living off of, it supposed to be the byproduct of subterrainean life. This can be any number of much more normal single cell organisms. The methane is measurable in the atmosphere, and its thought that only biological processes can cause that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So we found farts on mars...awesome. :yes:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I bet if they found arsenic on Mars they'd be like "OMG ARSENIC! THAT COULD MEAN THERE IS LIFE UP THERE!"

Now all we need is something other than rocks. You know like, an atmosphere?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet if they found arsenic on Mars they'd be like "OMG ARSENIC! THAT COULD MEAN THERE IS LIFE UP THERE!"

Mars had a thin atmosphere, and its chemical makeup (both soil and atmosphere) can support plant life. Sadly, the atmosphere isn't enough to stop the UV rays from the sun from killing everything. If it once had a thicker atmosphere, it could have had life on the surface. Now it can only be living in the soil.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's easy then. We just have to create UV resistant plants.^_^
kidding...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You know, technically, we need arsenic in small amounts in our bodies to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom