Mario Kart Wii

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With Smash Bros. at last out (in Japan, at least), Nintendo appears to have penciled in Mario Kart as its next big title. We're assuming that much, considering the unexpected blowout on the game in the latest issue of Famitsu.

The Wii installment of the cart racer that started it all looks like it's going to have lots of variety. Famitsu reveals a total of 32 courses, with 16 remakes of old courses, and 16 completely new courses. New courses include Mario Circuit, Momo Country, Kinopio Factory, DK Snowboard Cross, Coconuts Mall, Kinoko Canyon, and Luigi Circuit.

Some of these courses will put a new feature of the karts to use: mid-air tricks! Karts and bikes are both capable of performing actions and tricks in the air. Get a trick just right, and your cart will perform a dash upon landing.

In addition to a ton of content, Mario Kart Wii will have some serious multiplayer options. The game will include Wi-Fi based play for up to 12 players. You'll be able to select to play against players from throughout the world, players in your country, and players on your friend list.

As part of the new network mode, Nintendo will be making use of the Wii's Channel interface in yet another unique way. We're not sure of the specifics, but it seems that you'll be able to install a Mario Kart Channel to your Wii hub to view world rankings as well as your own records.

Going along with the Wi-Fi multiplayer play, Nintendo will be giving players a means of customizing the game. You'll be able to make your very own Mii ride a bike or kart, adding that bit of you to online races.

The online mode will also expand the single player fun. The game will offer downloadable ghost data, so you can play against some of the best players.

Not big on the whole internet thing? In addition to the Wi-Fi play, the game will also let players play together the old fashioned way: through split screen for up to four.

With this Famitsu blowout just hitting Japan, we expect the Nintendo marketing machine to start getting into gear and remind everyone why Mario Kart is so great. If, as a part of that initiative, we get a chance to sample the Wii installment in advance, you can be sure we'll let you know.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849925p1.html

im actually looking forward to some multiplayer, lan and online, fun ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
idd. Multiplayer/Online is free if you own the game, correct? Heck I can't wait for this game.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No word on the wii wheel?

Looking forward to this one, probably on the top of my wishlist.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
idd. Multiplayer/Online is free if you own the game, correct? Heck I can't wait for this game.
Yeah, Online is free, I heard you have to pay for the internet browser if you haven't already gotten it though.

I've also heard that you get the wheel for free with MKW.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the wheel is free, it comes packages with MKWii.

The Opera internet browser costs Wii Points now, but the actual online service is completely free.

I personally can't say I'm excited about this new Mario Kart.

I liked Super Mario Kart on the SNES, but thought MK64 was rather lacking. I haven't tried MK DS, Double Dash or pretty much all the others, so I can't say, but Mario Kart just doesn't do it for me really.

Considering how the gameplay doesn't change much across Mario Kart games, I'm surprised people still get excited about them. It's mostly the same characters using the same karts with the same mechanics, only on different tracks. I personally feel that it's one Nintendo franchise with the least variation. At least Zelda tries to do different things on a regular basis.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Meh, does it costs a lot for the browser?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure, I wouldn't know because I got the browser the day I got my wii online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was free for a couple of months after the Wii released, but now it costs 500 Wii Points, which is pretty much equal to 5 Euros.

The browser supports Flash and has an auto-hide toolbar on the bottom. It's not as good as on a PC, but playing Flash games with the Wiimote is fun. There are whole sites dedicated to this, in fact, like WiiCade.

If anything, the browser is convenient.

I use it when I'm downstairs and want to look up stuff quickly without having to go upstairs and use my PC.

I think 500 Points for a good browser is worth it, IMO.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It was free for a couple of months after the Wii released, but now it costs 500 Wii Points, which is pretty much equal to 5 Euros.

The browser supports Flash and has an auto-hide toolbar on the bottom. It's not as good as on a PC, but playing Flash games with the Wiimote is fun. There are whole sites dedicated to this, in fact, like WiiCade.

If anything, the browser is convenient.

I use it when I'm downstairs and want to look up stuff quickly without having to go upstairs and use my PC.

I think 500 Points for a good browser is worth it, IMO.
So, you only pay once?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very nice ^_^, so all I need is a browser to play this game online? And you can choose between multiple browsers? Meh, what is the use in that?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The internet is free, the Browser is just a useful optional program you can download.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky, let me explain more clearly.

The Opera Browser and the online service you use to play games, are two different things.

The browser that you can use to view internet web pages on your Wii costs 500 Wii Points.

The online service that you use to connect to other users and play games together, is FREE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom