Mario And Sonic 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mario And Sonic Team Up For The 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics
by Billy Berghammer
POSTED: 3/28/2007 10:31 AM

ell has officially frozen over as Mario and Sonic will team up for a new title for the Wii and Nintendo DS. Getting ready for next year's Summer Olympics, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games will be released for both the Wii and Nintendo DS this Holiday season. The title will be published by Sega in North America and Europe and by Nintendo in Japan.

In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events in environments based on the venues in the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. The cast will include Mario and Sonic and their friends, which will pit Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more against each other in a variety of events. Olympic events will include such staples as running on a 100m track, table tennis, and swimming.

You know there's people rolling in their graves over this...

?We are thrilled to partner with Nintendo and ISM on this groundbreaking title,? said Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, SEGA Corporation. ?For the first time, two of the world?s greatest games? characters come together to compete in the world?s greatest sporting event and we couldn?t be more excited.?

?Mario and Sonic have been respectful rivals since the early days of video games,? says Shigeru Miyamoto, Senior Managing Director and General Manager, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd.. ?In fact, for a long time they have been discussing the possibility of one day competing against each other. Now that they have been given the perfect opportunity to meet at the Olympic Games, we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic??

?The Olympic Games represent the true spirit of competition and passion,? said Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ISM. ?Bringing together intensely competitive and fun characters like Mario and Sonic in an Olympic setting helps showcase the sports of the Olympic Games in a new and compelling way for all generations

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm excited because this means a better chance of sonic in SSB:M.

This Olympic game will probably be a mediocre copy of Mario Party.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh emm gee.

I am so getting this for DS. Today the Olympics, tommorow: Super Smash Brother Brawl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention it's also for the Wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I first heard of this yesterday, I was almost sure it had to be an early April Fool's joke. I mean.. it's almost too silly to be real.

Mario and Sonic, competing in the Bejing Olympics?

Since it's being developed by Sega, I hope they don't half-ass it like they do their Sonic games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From personal experience Olympic/Track & Field games number among the most monotonous gaming experience known to man. Often it's just how fast you can tap a button/alternating buttons, and has all the depth of a hamsters anus.

They'll have to think of some creative ways of imploying the Wiimote to make this any kind of fun, just putting Sonic and Mario into a game won't automatically make it good (though will probably sell anyway for that exact reason).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great. Olypmics game. >_>

The only reason I find this to be good news is because now I think Sonic will be in SSB:B for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom