Marijuana FTW?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CNN said:
OTTAWA, Canada (Reuters) -- Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of marijuana plants 10 feet tall.

General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

"The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices. ... And as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa, Canada.

"We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those [forests] did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hiller said dryly.

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."
URL: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/10/12/canada.troops.marijuana.reut/index.html

As big a problem as this might be, I still find it rather humorous. Almost seems to goofy to be real.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never found marijuana that I couldn't burn ;)

I love how they didn't think of cutting down the forest and sending back the product to America where it could be used for the greater good, and not for war.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
Canada has an army?! wtf?
Somebody has to clean up America's messes.

The fighting in Afganistan is supposedly more intense than that of Iraq, too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
Canada has an army?! wtf?
And so it begins...

This little incident is funny, as long as those up there don't get shot/bombed...But maybe the terrorists have become high, giving a chance for the soldiers to attack, while also forcing them to let their guard down to eat.

Classic military strategy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes the dumbassery of we americans is all too painful.

I'm glad Canada is on the job. If those were american soldiers they'd have all been killed by now.

Best answers
Killed or just really, really, really high.

I'm not sure what the dumbassery of americans has to do with anything, but let's hope that weed isn't going to go to waste. I mean, there are millions of people around the world who need our help lighting up but dont have anything to light, so its up to us to help them. You know?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Send me there with a few friends and I'll gladly get rid of it for them.

Best answers
If it was america...there would be more people trying to "BURN" the plants

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^^^^^Last couple of posts were exactly what I was talking about... :0\ ^^^^^^^^

Stoners FTL.

Best answers
I'm not a stoner, but I'm not one to tell someone not to be. It's their decision. You can't exactly turn the original post into a serious discussion, considering its about a forest full of 10 foot tall marijuana plants.

Sure, we could equate it jungle combat during Vietnam, but I think that'd be in poor taste.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would sooner equate it to an episode of Trailer Park Boys...

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
^^^^^^Last couple of posts were exactly what I was talking about... :0\ ^^^^^^^^

Stoners FTL.
To look down upon a person for smoking ganj is to look down upon nature, my friend. I hate high idiots that think they need a t-shirt that says "I'M A STONER YEAH BABY" as much as the next guy, but I still enjoy weed.
As far as the whole "Americans would have been killed," thing. No they wouldn't have. We would have had an F-117 or B-2 destroy the forest of weed and anyone that was hiding in it by now.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tassadar said:
To look down upon a person for smoking ganj is to look down upon nature, my friend. I hate high idiots that think they need a t-shirt that says "I'M A STONER YEAH BABY" as much as the next guy, but I still enjoy weed.
As far as the whole "Americans would have been killed," thing. No they wouldn't have. We would have had an F-117 or B-2 destroy the forest of weed and anyone that was hiding in it by now.
I believe Kurt said it best

"My sink is leaking lets rip out the whole faucet"

Best answers
[S] said:
I believe Kurt said it best

"My sink is leaking lets rip out the whole faucet"
Yep, it gets the job done. And no one is hurt. Except for the faucet of course. Or in this case, the suspected Taliban fighters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An american would be terrified at the thought of destroying that much weed.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
eh, I like weed, and I don't smoke it every day, it's an occasional thing. I can smoke it and still be a productive member of society, also, I'm not an idiot with it, I don't drive while high, so I'm honestly not a danger to anyone else.

was just using what I said as a joke, yeesh.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
An american would be terrified at the thought of destroying that much weed.
I dunno man. I hear some good weed comes from Canada, so I'm sure a lot of the soldiers felt their heart strings being tugged while they were trying to burn it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom