Maps with Objective Based Game Modes

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Lots of us, thinks that power struggles are cool, but not suited in a freestyle battle with lots of people in the server.

So what if there were maps with Objective based Game Modes?

I'm talking for a map where the good side will have to protect a spaceship for like 5 min and then escape with it(they have to go next to the ship), while the evil side is trying to destroy it before the time of 5 min ends.

To destroy the spaceship or even Trunk's time machine, they will have to use powerful beams, spirit bombs, etc.

They can do damage if they throw people on it, but it will be really really low. Remember we want to make use of the beautiful power struggles.

When the round ends, the two teams will switch sides.

The good side will see things like that:

POTW-12-05-2010 2 copy.jpg

While the evil side has to look at the spaceship to know how much % left.

The spaceship/time machine spawn place will be random and only 1-2 guys (depends on the numbers of each team) from the good side will spawn next to it. The others and the evil side have to search for it as fast as they can.

My suggestion is to be 5 vs 5 (or the max 10 vs 10) for more controlled matches.

There will be an option to repair the spaceship, the player has to go next to it and start pressing a button the faster the better. Every time he/she presses the button the spaceship will be repaired by 00.10% or 00.05% so if all the team members gather to repair, the ship won't go to 100% way too fast.

This way: the teams have to work together, more power struggles and more chatting in game.

Optional:
Spaceship/ Time machine Repair
5 vs 5 and/or 10vs 10
5 min time limit until escape

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds like it completely defeats the gameplay of ESF, no offense.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This sounds like it completely defeats the gameplay of ESF, no offense.
Don't worry I'm not offended, but why do you think it defeats the gameplay of ESF and completely?

Well this map is for the people who want a more cooperated gameplay and for those who loves power struggles.

I m sure the dev team has plans for different type of maps, so why not?

Feel free to say your opinions but I want you guys to say the reasons too.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without getting into the idea too much, I don't see anyone being capable of blocking a storm of kiblasts at 3000hlu per sec being somehow dodged.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All we need is KanonBall Z mode and you know that.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Without getting into the idea too much, I don't see anyone being capable of blocking a storm of kiblasts at 3000hlu per sec being somehow dodged.
what if it doesnt getting damage or getting really really low damage from the kiblasts?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan's KI Shield? Or perhaps for this game mode only, you can slow down the kiblasts, make the spread smaller or get rid of them entirely?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would rather have a giant ball of yarn in the middle of a map, which has to be rolled to a giant cat by swooping against it.

The opponent team would clearly have to swoop against it on the other side to prevent this. Or, you know, just kill the opponents.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, if we got rid of the power struggle part, it could potentially be fun, if only because there is a purpose in fighting the other team.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the idea, maybe I could work on an 'alternative gameplay plugin' in AMXX when the mod is done. It will give an other view on this mod.
I don't agree it will totaly destroy the ESF gameplay because the admin can choose what to use.

For the ship idea, you can also first add a big power shield like BF2142 has.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its just a game mode and i find this idea very good ;)

I'm hoping to see it realised ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This honestly does sound like a fairly good idea. I personally like it and there'd FINALLY be beam clashes without spamming chat with "PS?"

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea, maybe I could work on an 'alternative gameplay plugin' in AMXX when the mod is done.
I heard rumors that you may need to write a new Metamod for modding ESFF xD. So to make sure the mode's in, we should better ask Raven to add it to his hundeds-of-to-do-tasks list. I think he said that KanonBall Z will possibly be in (giving the other tasks are done, I guess).

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We really need a mode in which Beams are superior, whether its this one or not, it doesn't matter. Like nemesis said, asking for PS in maps hardly ever works. It seems nowadays that the only thing people play Esf for is K/D ratio, which basically boils down to melee ownage. Whatever happened to good ol' fun?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Agreed. Beams could do with they re own gameplay mode or definately a more important role in gameplay.

If they'd do this kind of objective based maps they would really need to slow beams down so people can actually notice and counter them while also allowing multi power struggles so .. say 2 masenko's would unite to combat a desperate final flash.

Best answers
' Hi everyone, I'm new here and would like to know which version ESF desired, and what's his name .... If you can help me I am grateful =)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a fairly cool suggestion.

For balance purposes, the ship itself could have a energy-specific barrier that blocks all energy attacks until you get inside of it. Thus, your forced to be in close range in order to charge up any serious attacks (as ki blasts/gen attacks dont do ****) and making it much easier for the defending team to engage you before you can set anything off.

It would need a respawn timer too so the attacking team would have a few seconds to damage the ship after they took the time to kill a defending character.

Otherwise, not trying to bust your balls or anything, I very much doubt the team will implement any more-than-extremely-small suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom