Mapping?

Best answers
Hi is was wondering what i needed to make a map and is it easy or eally hard and you need to know alot about maps?

Best answers
i can't seem to aactually put a texture on i get stuck at the part where you....well it shows in dj-readys pic there is a green box but mine doesn't do that. Maybe im not ready for mapping..........:'(

Best answers
yeah well i don't think i stsart off right but hres my probs. OK i downloaded 3.4 ok. from mega thread. Then i start off and i have everything set up but then what happens is......from dj-readys first room it's lite blue mines not like that......my entinity isn't full greann box....and i can't apply texture. like the entitny's in a box but then i don't quite figure out how to put texture....:(. Sorry i have so many probs please help. I wnat to help the esf community with outstanding maps.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basslover722 said:
yeah well i don't think i stsart off right but hres my probs. OK i downloaded 3.4 ok. from mega thread. Then i start off and i have everything set up but then what happens is......from dj-readys first room it's lite blue mines not like that......my entinity isn't full greann box....and i can't apply texture. like the entitny's in a box but then i don't quite figure out how to put texture....:(. Sorry i have so many probs please help. I wnat to help the esf community with outstanding maps.
Oh, that's just the background for the 3d viewpoint, don't worry about that.

If you want to have a different color background besides black go to: Tools > Options > 3d Views > At the bottom there should be a button that says "Pick Background Color", click on it > Choose a color > Hit ok > Hit ok again

About the entity, when you place one, select it then hit ALT+ENTER. There should be a drop down box, drop down the box and choose either "info_player_deathmatch" or "info_player_start".

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoboy said:
You can't put textures on entities.
That depends on the entity. Brush-based entities are, of course, brushes, and are applied textures just as any world brush.

Anyhow, it sounds as if you're just having trouble adjusting to the editor, Basslover. It may not be easy at first, but just keep practicing. Read several tutorials on the basics, and get used to using the different modes. You'll find Hammer to be a very fluid and effective tool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read all esf-world tutorials and read the hammer tutorial(it's imder the help menu in hammer, that helped me to learn the basics, well kinda.).

Best answers
ok still having probs. should i have dw******ed 3.5? cause i only have 3.4 ohh yes the other thing is my entity now isn't in the middle of thr red blue and green lines. ok so now i ve made a brush but it won't stay like i click and drag but if i press enter it goes away. please help i think i might get the hang of it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can download Valve Hammer 3.5 since it does fix a few problems. I tend to have that problem from time to time, I don't know what causes it. The only thing you can do is restart Valve Hammer (as far as I know).

Best answers
ok well maybe that will help but wheni make a brush box and enter it doesn't stay and the next step after that is then hollowing it out i think. so please help thanks mc for help before then.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there enough space inside the box? Usually when you make a box and only have space on one side (such as the top view shows one square of space inside and the side view just shows the box as a line).

Oh yeah, does the outline when you try to create the box have light blue and white dashed lines?

Best answers
yeah and then the tutorial says press enter so i did and it went away. can you figure this out?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm trying to look for a solution. I usually get that problem from time to time, I just don't know how you can fix it.

Oh, I think I found it. In the toolbar at the top of Valve Hammer, do you see a box that shows a blue outline and a mouse pointer? Is the box pressed in?

Best answers
i don't know whats wrong or what im doing.....ive pressed it....and ive made a brush box but then it goes away after enter.....maybe this isn't something 13 year old boy should be doing.....im sorry guys ive let you down.......im hanging up the cape............. :(

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no need to give up that easily. I haven't been able to find a solution though, the only thing I can think if is reinstalling Valve Hammer, either that or wait for another fellow mapper to reply.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Age has nothing to do with it, but with that kind of attitude you wouldn't have gotten anywhere anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom