Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have recently noticed that on Valve Hammer Editor, there is a limit as to how big maps can be.
A bunch of my friends and I are currently working on a project of making a Half-Life map of our high school, and I need to know if there is any way at all that I can make the map bigger than the limit size.
Thanks in advance.

Best answers
dont think so

As far as I know, you can't go farther than the 4096 from the origin. You're limited to 8192 in all 3 directions. Personally I don't see the need to go this big. You would have a long compile and like 0 fps in game. If you're really desperate for room make the map 1/4 size for esf.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well like I said earlier, its a map of my high school, and I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible. But unfortunately, with the size limit, the rooms are far, far too small.

Best answers
thats what I did in my early mapping years, too.

But since there was a school massacre in Germany last year, I think it is in bad taste! I dont know if anyone of you guys from America, England or other countries knows about what happened in "Erfurt", but Im sure DJ-Ready or MSF do know what I mean!

thats only my opinion about "mapping my school"!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I never heard about Erfurt, but is it anything like Columbine? If you heard of that? A big school shooting here in America.
Yeah, we talked about that, we were even going to make models of some of our teachers as a joke, but decided against it being as it is a first person SHOOTER.

Best answers
had the name of the school been Littleton? If it had been, then I know about it...

Best answers
even if you could make the size bigger, then you wouldnt be able to play your map!!!(as wufei already said!)
Make a smaller one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom