Best answers
I need a mountain turrain for my map, its called esf_rivals, and its coming out good, and i also need a big lake, if anyone can help, please post... and whats the model name for the trees?

my question, how do u make the map so lighty? i've tried everything and it still wont light up right....... please help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to add light_environment then add light_spot for insides. Check your esf\models directory for model names and terrain making takes time and practise ;)

Best answers
oh

ok thanks for the light_env........ and i already know how to do that mountain thing, but im stil not use to it, but can you make me that lake?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't really ask people to make you parts of your map, you just kinda experiment around until you can do it.
If you're asking how to make water, you just make a brush and tie it to the entity func_water.

Best answers
UGH

You dont get it! i want a lake like in esf_guru you know those big lake thingies? THAT and yeah im a leet mapper, i just want to see if mine is better or if someone else can do it better than me,,,,,, and yeah im not good with v.m. (vertex minipulation) yet!

and yes im clearly aware of the func_water

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my tutorial in MegaThread Of Mapping. "Valve Hammer Overview". In the 3rd section, it explains how to make terrain without Vertex Manipulation. I also explain the names of the tree models in the Entities section.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blackplague said:
You dont get it! i want a lake like in esf_guru you know those big lake thingies? THAT and yeah im a leet mapper, i just want to see if mine is better or if someone else can do it better than me,,,,,, and yeah im not good with v.m. (vertex minipulation) yet!

and yes im clearly aware of the func_water
L33t mapper o_O Ehh, and you can't make a mountain? Or water.. /me is confused. You better add some deeds to those words.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he means he wants to compare his with someone elses, I don't know though. If it is then he has lots of maps he can compare with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom