Mapping and the scale down

Retired
Best answers
due to the scale down all maps prior to the next release (2.0 or less) will be rendered obsolete. we will release the new fgd and and a mapping faq a little b4 the offical release. so keep ur eyes peeled. :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Does that mean that my maps for 2.0 does not work on tne next version or what???

Best answers
The maps from 2.0 will still work. but if they haven't been fixed up for the scaledown they might be too big. most of the maps so far have been scaled down.

Best answers
Well, put it this way...if anyone makes a map and the size fits the current 2.0 player model version then 9 time out of 10 it's gonna be to big.

Retired
Best answers
all maps from esf 2.0 and early are being trashed :(, due to scale. all maps will have to be recompiled with the new hull file in order for them to work correctly as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the scale down and you view closer to the ground and therfore the textures does it not make the textures look washed out? Or have you used hi-res textures to prevent this?

BrunO

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i think the re-sizing of the maps i no problen, but the textures would looking verx big... or what?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a good question.. ask zero..

Retired
Best answers
the textures do look a little pixely when standing on the ground, but nothing that is to bad, infact im quit happy with the way it turned out, but hl i gay none the less so i cant unleash my true powers :) mwuahahahahahaha!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life is you limitation, not your Skill, HA i could pluck better maps outta the ESF Folder! Whoops you made those, ok i believe ya.

**RUNS AND HIDES IN THE CORNER HOPING NOT TO HAVE THINGS THROWN AT HIM**

BrunO

Best answers
lol
hmmm...hows gameplay gnna be with larger maps?
Hell lotta fun

Best answers
cool that means they dont have to make the Explosions smaller..

exelent!

BIGER IS BETER UNLESS IS LAGS OF COURSE........

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]zero
all maps from esf 2.0 and early are being trashed :(, due to scale. all maps will have to be recompiled with the new hull file in order for them to work correctly as well.

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]zero
Thats evil!!!!!! You can't do that.(well you can ...) Is there anyway we can make a map now for the beta and like you or another esf mapper compiles it with the new HUL or maybe making me beta tester so I can just use it make maps(that would always work)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you really need to remember is that everything is one quarter scale. Don't compile it until the .fgd comes out to avoid all issues. Textures have to be smaller too . . . 1/4 scale. That's it!

Retired
Best answers
its not the fgd u need it the hull file to fix the clippings on the maps other wise ur people will runn in the air :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom