• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Who's Master Roshi ?

• Total voters
Best answers
Hey, I figure I could start a new thread here and just talk about anything and everything. Share maps, etc.

My first question is:

How do I export my map into a TRUE .bsp file? When I compile it in Valve Hammer Map Editor it makes a .bsp file, but the file is only 14kb small!! It should be 1000x that! I tried using this one program, but it so so complex and complicated I couln't sit through another minute of it trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing!! I made two really Kick maps but I can't export them and share it to the ESF community.
So if you can help me, please do. My AIM sn is Classic Rounder and my MSN msngr is [email protected], try to contact me there because I will be on them more than an ESF thread.

And if you think you've made a really worthy map, tell us about it! And share with the rest of us :devgrin:

Alright, until then.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you get some kind of error when you're compiling? Are you done with the map? A full, ESF-sized map would be larger than 14KB.
Have you tried playing on the map yet? What happens if you do?

Best answers
What happens when I try to run the map is I get an error, it wont load it, I can't play it..........!!!!!!! I have started making maps a month ago but very slowly, its a great map I can assure you. But I'm more of a newbie mapper compared to many people here. So what do you suggest?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does the error say?
Copy the compile log and post that too.
You're likely getting an error that isn't allowing the map to fully compile correctly.

Best answers
Executing...
Command: Change Directory
Parameters: C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike

Executing...
Command: Copy File
Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\maps\evo_dojo.map" "C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\evo_dojo.map"

Executing...
Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qcsg.exe
Parameters: "C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\evo_dojo"

qcsg.exe v2.8 (Jan 31 2000)
---- qcsg ----
entering C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\evo_dojo.map

Best answers
-----------ERROR--------------
missing '[ in texturedef

Executing...
Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qbsp2.exe
Parameters: "C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\evo_dojo"

qbsp2.exe v2.2 (Dec 28 1998)
---- qbsp2 ----
writing C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\esf\maps\evo_dojo.prt
0 seconds elapsed

Executing...
Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qbsp2.exe
Parameters: +map "evo_dojo"

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....Not double and triple posting, but since you're new I'll let it slide :p Just don't do it in the future :p What I'd reccomend is first off not using the internal valve hammer compiling tools. Look for something called zoner's compiling tools or something (search through the stickies and you'll find it.) Other than that, I'm not sure what the particular error is.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get Zoner's <a href="http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=mhlt">here</a>. Use them, they work much more efficiently, and provide much more detailed logs than the ones you are using now.
The 'missing [ in texturedef' error can be caused several ways:

- One or more faces has no texture, or the texturename is just made up of spaces. Check for problems in WC 3.3 should detect them as 'invalid texture' messages.
- The texture name on one or more faces has a space in the middle of the name somehow (Textures are not allowed to have spaces in their names)
- You are using Worldcraft 2.0 or 2.1, and the worldspawn has a key/value of "mapversion" "220" If so, remove it.
- A Worldcraft 3.3 map was imported into WC 2.1 or 2.2, same problem as above.
- A Worldcraft 3.3 map was imported into Quark, also the same problem :)
- The map is in Worldcraft 3.3's .map format, but the "mapversion" "220" is MISSING from the worldspawn (this is really rare).

I didn't type that all myself, that came from the ZHLT Problems document that comes with Zoner's. Another reason why you should use them.
Hopefully that's the only error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom