Best answers
Hi people,

I wanted to ask if u could use a few good maps. I'm an experienced mapper so I'm no n00b... Maybe I can send a few example map if you would like....... Does anybody have a few good ideas for maps that aren't created yet?

1 more thing: I'm not sure if this is the right topic 4 this subject so....

Best answers
A Kitchen map..im serious ...or a bathroom bedroom etc.. any of the Rats like maps in CS OR AHL....also i think i hear monkeys...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a City map,
ESF_Mtside is an original
ESF_Lavapit is self explanitory
there is a new cell arena map
VT is working on the otherworld arena
there is a tree of might map in the works

Those are the semi-official maps for the next version.

The FGD for the scaledown maps isn't out yet, so remember if your doing anything, everything is 1/4 size.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think its 1/4 the size... looks more like 1/3 but could be 1/4.. u prob should just ask a dev...

Combat-Hamster

C
No its right If u have your 128/128 texture and make the detail or picture what ever is in that Texture smaller and bigger with in its self.. like lets say you double the picture 12 times in that 1 drawing. The picture is still 128/128 texture but the detail comes out 1/12 that size the game doesnt see any difference and there is no need to resize the textures letting u stay with far fewer patches.. I do this alot it works =P;)

Combat-Hamster

C
No its right If u have your 128/128 texture and make the detail or picture what ever is in that Texture smaller and bigger with in its self.. like lets say you double the picture 12 times in that 1 drawing. The picture is still 128/128 texture but the detail comes out 1/12 that size the game doesnt see any difference and there is no need to resize the textures letting u stay with far fewer patches.. I do this alot it works =P

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was posted by Masta on the front page awhile back Hibiki . . . It was also posted in the forums by a team memeber (I foget who).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i...uhh.. knew..that.. i was seeing if u knew!! (yeah thats it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did i tell u!!

and isnt kind of hard to make maps look good at 1/4 scale if u dont have 1/4 the size textures??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i think u can make the textures 1/4 size if u type in the dimesnions to be like 0.25!! Ive never tried it tho, so I dont know if it will actually work!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh... i dont know a thing about mapping

Best answers
Yep, you can resize any texture to .25, but there's a catch. This will create more patches, and hl only supports up to around 25000 patches i believe...also, more patches equal longer compile times. So your question now is, how do we get around those short comings to create those beautiful, fabulous maps that we have :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These are secrets which will be shared with the mapping communi-tai, correct? Eventually . . .

Combat-Hamster

C
oooh the secret is just making your detail in the picture smaller =P that was a hard one heh

Cheeze!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why dont u guys make it 1/1000 of the size.. that way u can have maps the size of the planet??

Best answers
You're wrong Hamster, but you're welcome to try again :) As for making it that small, if it's possible it'd take too long to implement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh but just think of it 1000x the normal size!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom