map suggestion :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The brushwork alone would be hell :p Making a map of the "Destroyed Earth" from X would be hell in general :p I suppose you could ask CS or DJ if they wanted to make a non DBZ map though.

-Karrde-

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ok maybe they will poste here but what did you think aboute it ?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a GT map, Shadow Dragon's Saga if i'm not mistaken, one of the last ten eps. You can tell by the sky. Speaking of which nice paint job copying and pasting the sky over another part of it :p

I think it would actually make a quite interesting map, both visually and in terms of having destroyed buildings and ruins to smack people into and hide from.

Best answers
in dbz the city has been destroyed by buu maybe they could have maps destructable besides blowing up trees

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunatley that wouldn't work, as the trees are models that just vanish when they're 'killed' whereas maps are made from brushes, and destructable brushes, while possible, lag servers like crazy.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Now is the reason for the lag because they have a low connection speed with their internet or is it because HL is an old game?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not the connection speed it's the engine. Even HL2 doesn't fully support destructable terrain (Geomod). HL1 is a very old game, the most breakables you're supposed to have are a few small shatterable glass windows and air vents.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering what the team has done with the engine already, I dont think more is necessary.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
a map like that in the size of an esf map is not possible in hl. simple because its too much detail at once and hl cannot handle that
well it would be possible but the r_speeds were WAY too high so its not worth it.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
a map like that in the size of an esf map is not possible in hl. simple because its too much detail at once and hl cannot handle that
well it would be possible but the r_speeds were WAY too high so its not worth it.
Well.. it doesn't have to look exactly like that...
I mean, "new_vegeta" map Kama and GodGundam released with their brolly pack had kind of a ruined city too.. that would suffice..

I think al he's tryin' to say is that some "ruin maps" would be fun too..

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Exacly theath just some ruin maps for the fun of the game

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama and GodGundam o_O ?

;_; nobody knows me...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Would it raise the r_speeds much if the map was smaller than usual? If you take esf_gero and make it about 3/4 the size and then add the ruined buildings (brushes) wouldn't it be about the same? More faces, but less size.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like esf_gero it sucks no hiding place no noting

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
A true warrior doesn't need to hide.

Anyway, I'd like the idea of having more levels that seem ruined, like maybe a proper Dying Namek, or a destroyed city or whatever, WITHOUT destroyable items/terrain/etc. I'd rather have a big map without interactivity than a small map with tons of destructables.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
A true warrior doesn't need to hide.

Anyway, I'd like the idea of having more levels that seem ruined, like maybe a proper Dying Namek, or a destroyed city or whatever, WITHOUT destroyable items/terrain/etc. I'd rather have a big map without interactivity than a small map with tons of destructables.
You got me wrong "A true warrior doesn't need to hide." i whas taking about when you asscend the sukers kill you before you asscend and theat's why i need hiding places even goku and vegeta nedet one to fuse

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
gero sucks because the map is too bright to see any type of ki blast coming at you or any person

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
>_> it seems to be fine for me....

There's one map i would love though, and that's the planet where gohan fought dabura.... i'd even draw some references for that *wink wink* :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom