Best answers
Could u use a previous HL or any other mods map if u extented the roof of it.

It might be hard due to the rescaleing, different textures, and probally mapping stuff i dont know about WC (although i have mapped for Deus Ex with UnrealEd if u interest in see it mail me)

anyways i havent check every map but maybe theres one or two that could be used. of course u would probally get rid of any indoor parts go any outdoor maps might work.

Probally not the best of ideas but its an attempt.

Best answers
<------ doesnt understand what your talking about?
Cearify a little

Best answers
Basically, he's saying something like use de_dust (another mod's map) and extend the sky up (raise the roof) alittle so that you can fly around and fight on de_dust.

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
Basically, he's saying something like use de_dust (another mod's map) and extend the sky up (raise the roof) alittle so that you can fly around and fight on de_dust.
When he means that, i dont like the idea it would be a lot "unrealistic" if you know what i mean!!!Theese two things cant come together in my mind!!!

Best answers
basically that was my idea. but as i say (i think) you would need to find the right map for the job even some of the original HL maps might work. eg the level in HL after you come out of a pipe onto a cliff face and you can see a river (which is just a backround but a most inpressive one) maybe not an idea for the mod makers but maybe one for those who have time to search out these other maps.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i dont like this cuz then i would be something like stealing maps...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might work.

But you'd be fighting in liliput for the beta. It would look like Twisted Metal: Small Brawl . . . :laff:

Best answers
i create an idea it up to the ppl with the maping skill to realise my idea. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be dumb cause everyone on the map would be

a) very small

and

b) all the attacks would kill everyone on the map

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
were not calling u dumb... just ur brain :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a dumb idea, no offence!! There are just no maps from other mods that will work for ESF!! Although, there is one map from HL which was never actually put in HL!! I believe u can find it in the HL map folder!! I think it's called map1 or something like that!! It wouldn't be a bad map!!

Retired
Best answers
yeah that also gives way less action on the maps...takes too long b4 someone shows up...when you got de_dust...all hiding in buildings ;) open maps own in this mod.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
OK guys, Dumb whether it be in referance to the idea, or the man behind it, IS a little unkind. Perhaps it may be prudent to use a word such as Impractical, to describe why its not a good concept, the guy is only sharin his thoughts here :]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i'm a mapper and i can tell u that de_dust would NOT be too small especially with the scaledown, but the real prob. is, is that you will have to ask the maker of de_dust for the RMF file, without that, you can't modify the map AND if you high up the sky,
de_dust would be laggin' terrible becouse of the R_speeds...
or we would have to delete the details of the map wich are makeing the map so nice...

too bad my friend, but your idea is idiot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom