map request

Best answers
i think someone should make a map called esf_training...it should have 1 room you start off in, and a bunch of doors with a teleport entitie on them, and each dor takes you to a different area, like a beam only area, or a melee only area, a both area, and a general training area....i think that would be a cool idea!! (yes i have tried to make it and was unseuccsesful)

Best answers
it sounds like a good idea, but how are you going to enable only THAT move. It'll be really hard (i assume) to make tit possible, even with the teleportes. and if there are many people playing on the server, it would be hard, looking for enemies going through the teleporters and stuff. . . . It sounds like a good idea though, something like a new esf_rosat

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I dont think its possible... unless u mean have a room that is meant for melee only and another one that is meant for beam only, etc. but they can still use beam/melee in it, no point in doing it either. People always ends up breaking the general idea... u'll see melee people in the beams room and people with high pl beam spamming in the melee room =/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was made, it shouldn't be a multiplayer map, just a singleplayer map. Half-Life Hazard Course style.
Only thing is, in HL, there's entities you can use to make the player drop/lose weapons, and they pick up weapons as they go. You can't make a player just use melee and not beams, or vice versa.

Best answers
I think this is a really good idea but,
DragonDude said:
in HL, there's entities you can use to make the player drop/lose weapons, and they pick up weapons as they go.
is it possible to do this in ESF or no?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Party Boy said:
I think this is a really good idea but,
is it possible to do this in ESF or no?
No, that would have to be coded into the .fdg.

Best answers
i didnt accually mean like make the room not have people able to use melee or beams, i meant like they choose which room to go in as in like clan training or just for fun servers this map would be most usefull for deticated training servers that way people dont have to look for a beams only server or a melee only server get the idea?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
As i said, no point in doing so. People never really listen to stuff, they just want to kill. So beam spammers go in the melee room and kill while people who melees go in the beam room, and of course, kill because its easier to kill them in the other room room IMO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are in a clan just go to esf_battlearena and make one arena beams the other melee ;). If you are a clan you should work together nicely ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom