Best answers
map request

can someone make a map with parts that you can destroy.
something like city were parts of biuldins blow up when there damaged anouth.
or cars parked on the steed etc.

and come some one make a forest map.
a huge forest with gokus hous in the midle

Best answers
The Red Faction engine would be really good for a dragonbball Z mod but destroyable parts of terrain with the HL-engine is not recommendable!!!
Destroyable parts of skyscrapers or houses are another thing.
It is possible but that would of course raise the r_speeds...
bythe way...the HL engine is not really made for HUGE outdoor maps, a lil one with forest and goku house would be cool

Best answers
you have a point

i see your point

you realy shouldnt put your pen there

i might try my hand on that map

ps : eney one else can still try there hand at forest map cos it will still be better than mine

Best answers
let's have a look at the map when u start it, ok?
the idea is quite good... so try ur best, man!

Best answers
then Ill try it! Ill post some picz, when Ive got something to show!

Best answers
Good idea (maps with distructeble parts like buildings or something or arena parts):D:D:D:D

Best answers
yeah i love destroying things in the maps cause well i'm bored easily and another thing is i do recall an old cell area map in the alpha days where you could destroy 2 cars a tanks and the area it self

ps: some one make more big maps like esf_city cause that's the biggest map in esf that i played so far and in my opinion it's the best...but other's think different

Best answers
hmmm this give me idea,I might make a grand Kai Arena Map with destroyable Small Planets.:]

Best answers
the frieza goku one was done and it was a good map but it sucked as far a game play it was called namkes end and i didn't really like it but it was well done

and Epedemic_Optikz i say go for it that would be awesome if you pulled it off kudos to you

Best answers
Well This Will Be My Second Map and It Is 50% Done,All I Gotta Do Is Add The breakable Planets And A Little Bit More.:]

Best answers
Kool Ep I cant wait to see it :)
How do you make things destroyable?

Best answers
select the brush you want to make breakable, click with the right mouse button on the brush and click "tie to entity"...
a new window will appear and there will be a list were u can select entities (by the way, there are point entities like "light" and "ambient_generic" and brush entities wich can only be used/selected in combination with a brush).
But now youve got to select a brush entity, and for something breakable u take func_breakable!
then there will appear many options in the right of the window, you dont have to change most of them,
but you can change the strength(how much damage it takes before the brush breaks), the material type (rock, glass, metal, wood)!

had that been detailed enough?!? ;)

Best answers
sry...I dont know any english mapping sites, only a german one, but that wont help you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom