Map Question

Best answers
How would i go around making things like, as an esample:
In CS.S maps, theres like, buildings in the scenery, but when u go to them in spectator view, u just see like, a smaller version of the buildings that u see in the background. How would i make something like that? Like make a small version, then have it enlarged to normal size? SO it becomes the background.

Or is that only a CS.S specialty. Cause i want to make a map for esf with a background like that.

Hopefuly someone knows what im talking about. I couldnt think of any other way to state my question ;D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't quite what you think it is. Those small buildings arn't scenery. They are part of the 3D skybox only availabe in the Source engine. After you finish a map, you can add extra part of the backround that show outside the map. You make the buildings or terrain or whatever in a smaller skybox that is scaled 1/16th the original map. You have to add a special entity (sky_camera I think) in the center of the small building area (it is outside the skybox of the original map inside its own skybox).

It sounds a little complicated, but it isn't really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom