Map problems

Best answers
I don't know why but when i join a server or trying to create a server , if i select a map like s2k_snakeway ,s2K_tournament_duel or esfm_pic_raditz ,when it gets to precaching resources it just freezes. It's the same problem on most maps. Does someone know what i can do?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you missing any map required files? have you tried redownloading to see if there may have been a problem when your first downlaoded the maps? Did you download the maps and put them in the maps dir yourself or download them through someone's listen server on steam? Tried disabling 24bit textures in opengl?.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Best answers
|Overlord| said:
Are you missing any map required files? have you tried redownloading to see if there may have been a problem when your first downlaoded the maps? Did you download the maps and put them in the maps dir yourself or download them through someone's listen server on steam? Tried disabling 24bit textures in opengl?.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Well , right now i'm using software mode because my monitor is not working correctly (have to repair it) and i cannot install my Video card drivers. Could it be because i'm using software mode?

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
if u dont use any drivers how does windows reconise ure card?? i think u got a old driver or something.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) Run ESF
2.) Click on settings
3.) Click on advanced
4.) Disable 24-bit textures
5.) Click OK
6.) Apply changes and click OK
7.) Try those maps again^^

And yes avoid software mode AT ALL COSTS!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ_Gohan said:
if u dont use any drivers how does windows reconise ure card?? i think u got a old driver or something.
Windows itself can provide graphics drivers for a number of gfx cards after a install, though it's better to use newer drivers then the ones that come by default with windows.

Best answers
Grega said:
1.) Run ESF
2.) Click on settings
3.) Click on advanced
4.) Disable 24-bit textures
5.) Click OK
6.) Apply changes and click OK
7.) Try those maps again^^

And yes avoid software mode AT ALL COSTS!
24-bit textures were allready disabled.Allright, i have to fix my monitor. Thnx for replys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom