Map lighting

Best answers
Hey, my bro told me theres a way to make the whole map be lighted up without having to put any light entitys in the map and waiting forever for it to compile. is that true? o_O

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not in VHE, that is, and if it takes ages to compile try, then scale up the textures up to 2 or 3, maybe 4 (not recommendable) or delete some invisible brushes.

Bolteh2

B
ehm

r_fullbright 1 in console (with developer 1 and with sv_cheats 1)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Srry, my bad...If you want "proper lighting" you still need light entities though.

Best answers
Cold steel, you were wrong o_O . i actually found a way to automaticly make the map be lit up without having to put light entitys in and having it take forever to compile. you go to Map>Map Properties. then you highlight Default light level and enter a high amount(i put 999). Even though Zoner's compilation tools says the error that there is no lights. it still works. Thanks for your help anyways though, man :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a test compile, it could come in pretty handy, but if you want PROPER lighting you would still need light entities.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
indeed .. it looks pretty dumb in a final map ...
u should use "real" lights in the final .. its mostly worth the compile time ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's LIGHT_ENVIROMENT. You can set the color of the light by going into properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom