Map installation

Best answers
how do I install new maps. I downloaded new maps but I dont know how to install maps. I tried to put them in the maps directory but esforces wont recognize them. do i have to replace existing maps with the new ones or what?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope just coppy paste and it should work

make shure you unrar the bsp files first though ^^

Best answers
I'm sorry man. Uhhhh, whats that mean "make shure you unrar the bsp files first though".

Oh, and do I copy and paste into the folder or do i delete previous maps, then paste the new one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure the file you are trying to use is a .BSP file. If it is in some type of packaging (.ZIP or .RAR), you need to extract it first before you can install.

When you have that done put the .BSP file in this location:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Your@Account\half-life\esf\maps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some maps also come with custom graphics and sounds, though most maps are just one .bsp file that use existing graphics etc. If your map also contains extra graphics (you'll know if you just look at the files contained in the zip/rar file you downloaded, there's usually a folder called 'maps' containing the .bsp file for the map, and sometimes there'll be extra graphics contained in a folder called 'gfx', which will need to be placed in the corresponding folder in your ESF directory. I hope this makes some sense.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The folder structure of the mod is still the same, whether it's installed to Steam or WON, but if you don't have Steam, how are you planning on playing online?

Things you'll see packaged with maps are:
  • .wad files - these are texture packs, they go in your root directory. (\half-life\esf\)
  • .mdl files - these are models, most likely map models (as opposed to player models), they go in your models folder. (\half-life\esf\models\)
  • .tga files - these are skybox images, they provide the sky for the map; they go in your gfx\env folder. (\half-life\esf\gfx\env\)
  • .spr files - 2D sprites, they go in your sprites folder. (\half-life\esf\sprites\)
  • .wav files - custom sounds; the location these are required to be in varies, as it was specified by the map maker when he made the map. If the .zip archive contains no indication as to where these should go, you'll have to mess around placing them in the sound folder, and you can email the mapper and tell him DragonDude says he's a "bad zipper"

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crashmann64 said:
What would be the location if you dont have steam? Just put it in the maps folder?
Yep. Though we would really recommend using steam. We longer offer any support to non steam users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom