Map for "Cell Shaded" models, questions.

Best answers
I was just wondering, since I heard that it would be possible to do a psuedo Cell Shaded map, if it would be possible to make a map, that would make all of these "Cell Shaded" models look correct, with no outside shading? I don't know any thing about mapping, but wouldn't a really bright map, useing the cell shadeing technique be the perfect environment for all these models?

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
you cant really cell shade a map (perhaps with code changes...) ... the only way to make it look cell shaded it to make a map with textures that look kind of like cel shading.

Best answers
hi just means if it would be posseble to make a map where all the cell-shaded models would look correct.. i beleive it is.. i think if you dont add any light in the map the models would look correct.. becuase all the lightning effect dosent look right on the cell-shaded models. but im not sure

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
but you would still have "photo realistic" (well they are not photp realistic but they are not really anime like .. u know...) textures...

Best answers
Wouldn't turning off all the light make the map pitch black though?
I was wondering if makeing the map extremely flooded with light would do the job (along with getting rid of realistic textures).

I have never messed with mapping, but if this could work, it sounds like an easy map concept to start off with, since I would only have to make the simplest of textures, and not spend too much time on lighting at all.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
it isnt as easy as it sounds...
and if you dont put ights in your map, its all bright with no shadows n stuff... looks messed up.

Best answers
yea i know.. but he asked if it was posseble to make a map where the cell-shaded models would look correct.. :p it would look messed up yes.. but i already think that thoose cell-shaded models look meesed up, properly cause the hl-engine isent build for models like that, so.. messed up maps, to meesed up models:p

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
i think the cell shading addon is pretty cool, but id like the skin to be a bit more shaded ... like umm ... not so extreme plain u know.... (bah ... english...). but yes, it is possible to make cell shaded looking maps... look at buzzybots (thier maps are pseudo cell shaded right? like give that cell shading look via textures... i actually never played it lol)

Best answers
hm.. isent the cellshaded maps in buzzybots something thats coded in the mod?!?

Best answers
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tryed playing esf, with or with out cell shaded models, on a buzzy bots map? I wonder how that would look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom