map errors

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
on certain maps, when i try to use them it says "could not load guru.wad"
or "could not load freiza.wad" i dont understand why i does this, i dont think tMx arena has anything to do with guru, who can i fix this?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mapper used the WAD packages and didn't include them or compile them into the map. x_x

You can download namek.wad here, but I don't know where you'll find freiza.wad. It doesn't sound familiar to me, so perhaps it was in some other custom map? If you can't find it, for the sake of being able to play the map, you can copy and rename any other wad to freiza.wad. It won't look correct, but the map will load.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when i tried to go to esf_cellarena b3 or b4, it says coulnt open guru.wad
i downloaded namek.wad and renamed it guru and it still didnt work

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why it needs those .wads aren't nesacerily(don't know spelling) because he used them and forgot to add in the package, it's just when you compile there's an option, otherwise, if that certain option isn't selected, it will make your map need all the maps that he used in his hammer program, so he didn't actually use the actual textures, but the compiler "thinks" he did.

So just do what dragondude, said, copy, rename and paste back into the esf folder, I doubt you'll have any textures missing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still says the same thing, i put guru.wad and namek.wad in the maps folder, and it still says"FATAL ERROR "couldn't open guru.wad"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NO

You are supossed to put them in your ESF foulder. Not the maps foulder ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok thanks that worked but when i try other maps its like, "couldnt open sbzwad.wad, and ssj4mssytic.wad, and all these other kind of wad files, is there a website were yo can download wads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom