manual in other languages

Best answers
this is not really a suggestion..

when 1.3 comes, will there be a new manual?

and if it is so, wouldn't it be nice to have the manual in more languages, so the guys who don't understand english so well have the possibility to read it and understand everything?!

but before somebody would does the work, the question is, if it is necessary..

if a manual in other languages is desired, i would do the german one (or even parts of it)

and maybe other guys from other countries could make a manual in their language....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you can make a manual, then do so. The dev team isnt expected to know every language in the world, so if you can do something to help the learning of new players that understand the same language as you, then do so.

Best answers
if there will be a new manual on 1.3 it wouldn't be worth the work to translate the 1.2.3 manual.. so if there will be a new one, short time before releasing 1.3 somebody of the team could send me the new manual, i would translate it and send it back... so it would be in the esf 1.3 file and you autodonwload it with 1.3, or they put it together into a manual where you can choose the langauage....

and so others could also do (in their language, like frensh or dutch or anything else)......

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, just before releasing 1.3, give us the manual... :S

I would do a south-african one in Afrikaans and maybe something else, but why not just wait for it to be released (?spel?) and let ESF-World host it. I dont think "the team" will give us the manual before they release 1.3.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ye...no.
Sorry but I'd have to say no on this one. The idea in it's entirety is great. The sad fact is no one (or hardly anyone) reads the manual. Hell, some people don't even know where to find it. And then you have the people who say "I DID READ THE MANAUL!!! Now how do you throw someone?"

If everyone read the manual. I'd say go for it. Make it in different languages- But yeah. It's a lot of work, and you need everyone who can translate from english to that language for each. So it'd be kind of hard. But go for it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could always use Babel Fish, or a similar translation service. I know a direct translation isn't great, but it's better than nothing.

I wouldn't worry about not having a German version, though. ESF-World has lots of German staff, and translated the 1.2 manual, so I'm sure they'd do the same for 1.3. Or atleast if you give them cookies. They like cookies. =o

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DragonDude said:
I wouldn't worry about not having a German version, though. ESF-World has lots of German staff, and translated the 1.2 manual, so I'm sure they'd do the same for 1.3. Or atleast if you give them cookies. They like cookies. =o
yeah we'll translate the 1.3 manual aswell ... though cookies wont hurt ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@ DJ - If you'd like I will translate it into Croatian, a lot of people in mine country are playing ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i can translate it into Slovenian ^^

If anyone cares ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ness said:
I'll translate the manual into English

<3

Anyway, I can translate it into Croatian & Serbian ( I'm Croatian but Serbian is different with just few words ) if team wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom