[Manga/Anime] Avatar: The Last Airbender

Best answers
Now! I am a huge fan of this Anime, it is the only american anime, that i have ever ever considered watching .. and boy is it good! - Everything from the artstyle, to the choreography is amazingly well made, and has a flow unlike any anime's i have ever seen before!

The story is a chapter of it's own, and i love it to death also! The characters are hate/like-able and they are thrown into real dilemmas in each chapter, though never the same twice, and it never gets boring.

The "Magic" in the anime, is called "Bending" There are 4 different kinds, (Waterbending, Firebending, Earthbending, and Airbending) each explained and choreographed to perfection (I think) ..

Long story short: If you like; DBZ, Naruto, anime .. Water, earth, or living .. then you should watch this anime! Avatar: The Last Airbender ^_^

- If anyone here agree, or Disagree, feel free to make yourself heard!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There's more actually :), if you watch the latest season, you'll see there's also Blood Bending, Lightning bending and metal bending. But yea, It's a good show. I've watched all epsiodes.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Avatar isnt an anime. Its a cartoon.

Though its modeled in an anime style instad of clasical cartoon style.

Hats down to the ones who thought of it though.

Best answers
I watched those, but they are just concentrated mastered versions of the basic elements, and since i won't spoil a single thing here, i didn't mention it

And then i also forgot it .. admitted. - But true, and especially the latter one of those, is AWEsome! My favorite bending has got to be water though, so harmonic <3

- Oi and grega, doesn't the fact that it's animated, make it an anime? - Wait that's just in Japan .. ok uhm .. But i still love it!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
avatar is half anime becouse it maded by Nikelodeon

Best answers
Truth be told, i always wanted a mod like ESF/NNK for Avatar .. But i just always doubted that the fanbase was anywhere big enough for it to be worthwhile ..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think must be final fantasy mod no avatar...
Final Fantasy more popular than avatar

Best answers
FF however:

#1 has nothing to do on a Avatar thread
#2 Would never fit into a HL mod .. They are RPG's not FPS's ..

If you want to play with FF characters, go get Dissidia: Final Fantasy .. and let's please end that there =)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's interesting because anime was based off of American animation. It's why in earlier anime you see character's have a very western appearance. Tall, fair skinned, etc... Then, you give them some time with it and they come up with their stuff like DBZ, FMA and such. Then you get an American company that sees that style and gives it a shot. They did a pretty good job. Even though it was designed for a younger age, I thought it had pretty good character development and such. And the fluid martial arts fights were always cool to watch.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not bad, I'll give you that. I wouldn't consider it awesome though. As said above, it's aimed at a younger audience so is a little childish at times.

Fight scenes are cool though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
FF however:

#1 has nothing to do on a Avatar thread
#2 Would never fit into a HL mod .. They are RPG's not FPS's ..

If you want to play with FF characters, go get Dissidia: Final Fantasy .. and let's please end that there =)
i want like dissidia but like esf or NNK (HL mod) and only with FFVII characters (Zack, Angeal, Sephiroth, Cloud, Genesis and Others)
P.S. Avatar online already maked...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like it. Its an original Idea compared to all of the Cartoon out there of its kind.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- Oi and grega, doesn't the fact that it's animated, make it an anime? - Wait that's just in Japan .. ok uhm .. But i still love it!

Anime (アニメ?, an abbreviated pronunciation in Japanese of "animation", pronouned [anime] ( listen) in Japanese, but typically /ˈænɪmeɪ/ or /ˈænɪmə/ in English) is animation originating in Japan. The rest of the world regard anime to be "Japanese animation".[1] Anime originated about 1917.[2]
Basically. If it aint japanese it aint anime. It can be an animation, animated film, animated series or cartoon. But anime is japanese only ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically. If it aint japanese it aint anime. It can be an animation, animated film, animated series or cartoon. But anime is japanese only ^^
Well I wouldnt list it under Japanese only. Due to Chinese and Korean mangas turned into Anime. But Truely anime is base on the drawing type, action, and concept which would list it as an Anime but the owner lists it as a mid-western cartoon. So I guess you can list it as Americanime.

The owners of Avatar also helped with King of the Hill, Family Guy, Mission Hill, and Invader Zim.

Best answers
Thias was an amazing ANIME. its not a cartoon cause it does not follow the cartoonish style

Best answers
why exactly did they finish early, i heard it was because the voice of iro died, but they replaced his voice for the last few episodes anyway.

Best answers
Must ... Not ... Scream ... Like ... A girl!

omg, omg, omg, OMG! - They are making an Avatar: TLA movie! - with *real* humans though, mind you.

Ok, i calmed down .. The trailer isn't exactly a hype, but compared to their attempt at Dragonball, i'd say this looks *really* promising!

<div style="width: 480px;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=51238"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed​

~ So what do you guys think, worth getting hyped over? It looks beautiful if nothing else, and it actually seems to follow the *story* of the Anime, much unlike the attempt with most book/anime-made movies these days.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Off Topic:

i want like dissidia but like esf or NNK (HL mod) and only with FFVII characters (Zack, Angeal, Sephiroth, Cloud, Genesis and Others)
P.S. Avatar online already maked...
dude, sounds like the only Final Fantasy you played is crisis core oO
also this has nothing to do with this thread.

@Topic: Hell, I loved Avatar, even though it was sometimes childish it was funny, and the fights were made nicely. But i wasn't disappointed because it was childish, because when you watch things of Nickelodeon, it's still a Channel for Kids.
But my favorite character was Iroh, Zuko's uncle.
He kept cheering zuko up even though he had such a painful past and so many secrets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom