Man kills his daughter because she turned off his Xbox

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7459
The Philadelphia Inquirer claims that a 25 year old man killed his 17-month old daughter after she pulled the plug on his Xbox. The article reveals that the unstable individual was playing 'Ghost Recon' at the time. In his statement, Tyrone Spellman, said that ,"She pulled the cord and the whole game console fell over. I thought it was broken. I popped her in the face. I picked her up and tossed her in a chair."

We're getting rather bored with the argument that violence in videogames breeds violence in the 'real world' and, although this disturbing example suggests 'the violent combat epic', Ghost Recon, may have something to do with this recent cold-blooded murder enquiry, we'd suggest that anything could have triggered this psychopath's temper.

Nevertheless, this is yet another tragic example of a violent outburst where a videogame has been the trigger of someone's temper.

Germany are currently proposing a bill for a total ban of violent videogames, will the rest of the world follow?
FFS, it was only a small child...
Never knew a child that hardly knew a thing about the world would lose their life at the hands of a man and his xbox 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I picked her up and tossed her in a chair
!?!!?!?

It's his fault for letting the baby near the Xbox, I don't think harming her was the right thing to do at all.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's horrible. That man needs to be shot.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion this is the case of an abusive father who could have snapped over any little thing to set him over the edge, it was just circumstance that it happened to be a video game console.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They just don't make kids like they used to.
It's a damn shame that it took this long to figure out that guy was a psychopathic piece of ****.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiosity was this posted for any reason other than shock value? I'm just curious, because I see an unsettling number of threads like this that serve no purpose other than to upset people. I'm just wondering if you had a greater goal in mind than sharing this freak occurance.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He found it, he read it, he posted it. The only purpose of a thread such as this is to say "That is horrible." or "He is a bad man."

Thats about it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know who is going to milk this.
Whenever you see the words "video game" in an article involving an incident, you know who's coming. It's like Jack Thompson's version of the bat-signal.

In my opinion this is the case of an abusive father who could have snapped over any little thing to set him over the edge, it was just circumstance that it happened to be a video game console.
I agree, though a video game can make you a little edgy, but that's not an excuse for what he did.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
This looks like a job for...

****ing shame a girl had to die because she had a wacko for a father.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, thats retarded. I have an 18 month old brother, and he has turned off my gamecube intentionally many times and I have never gotten frustrated enough to hit him or even toss him. I don't know what I would do if I were in that situation, I could never live with myself if I harmed my little bro, and whats worse is thats his own child. I feel sorry for the man, not only did he lose his daughter, but he has to live with the fact that he killed her. I just hope this story isn't true, it's too sad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now is it just me or was a virtually identical situation posted here weeks if not months ago? Unless this is the same story?

Either way, there need to be ****ing tests for people if they are going to raise children. I forgot where XBox 360s mattered more than daughters =/

Best answers
Sigh... it only takes one person to ruin it for all of us.

Enter Jack Thompson's dumbass.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A little girl died because of an ******* father and you're concerned about some lawsuit by crazy Jack Thompson that will ultimately amount to nothing?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what's funny is I'd rather not have read this =/

That's sad. Such a young age.

Best answers
Killing people is stupid

Killing people over something stupid is just worse.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, that was not the consoles fault. I would never, ever hit my daughter like that. Ever.

Best answers
btw do you have a daughter :p

that dad was sick ... his bad temper combinated with the violence caused by the game resulted this crime.

Best answers
OMG!! That's a tragic death to experience!! That's worse than being hanged or assasinated!! This is BS!! That poor little girl!! Omfg!! >_<!!

I WANT THAT GUY TO DIE!!

-GuZzie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom