Making an Arm - Request

Best answers
I need a tutorial for making an arm. I have looked at Gir's...it didn't make any sense to me. So, I need a good arm making tutorial. I tried extruding some edges off the shoulder, to make the upper arm, it would take WAY too many polies to do so, so, I figured I could ask for a good one here.

(Current poly count on the TORSO for my model is 430 D:)

Also, does anyone know how to Cel-shade in 3Dsmax?

Best answers
just post this in ur model thread, no need to post multiple threads about the same model. Theres nothing wrong with extruding from the shoulder, I normally do that. The whole point in gir's tutorial is to provide u with techniques which you should be able to apply to other areas of the model.

Just extrude edges from the shoulder and cut in the details with the 'cut' tool while keeping it align to the reference. Dont forget to weld pointless vertices.

Best answers
Yes. Also if your going to request something, I would do it in the Final Request Thread. It may be for just models in specific, but I think that a tutorial on models would be fine. The way Gir did it in the tutorial, like ray said, teaches you valuable techniques.

Best answers
What are you talking about Gir's tutorial is great probly the best dbz modeling tut out there, it was easy to folow, it came out good, and with the skills it teaches you you can makes other stuff too

Best answers
Sorry about multiple threads...and TRSS, It was a good tutorial, up until the arm part. Maybe it's because I'm not using 3DS Max 6, but I am using 7, I don't know. Half of the stuff in the arm part he was talking about didn't even happen. Like Isolating the verts, and he didn't explain how to set up the modeling plane, and the reference plane.

Best answers
well your not suppsed to follow it exactly your supposed to use it as like a guideline and figure out the best way to do it for yourself, thats what i did anyway
p.s HIGH FIVE! im usin max 7 too

Best answers
Yep, and that's probaly why TRSS is catching on to modeling pretty quick. Following a complete tutorial step by step will not help you. If you glance at it, see what tools they are talking about, use them in your own style, you learn by experience.

Best answers
I learn the tools better with visual reference. I'm a visual kinda person, therefor, I need the detail, and it sticks with me. I don't go back and look at the tutorial again, I apply it to my own unique style (Hence my signature, I used it by applying others techniques with my own, creating a somewhat unique style of brushing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom