Making an anime music video

Best answers
I am interested in making an anime music video but I was wondering what should I pay attention to ?
For example if I make one about Bleach's character Kenpachi.
Should I just browse trough all the episodes to find good fighting scenes of him and try to implement them in a good way so it fits the music or something ?

Please help me =)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to avoid scenes which involve them talking, and don't try to have the vocals of a song match the movements of their mouth as if they were singing (I personally don't like that). The song will always be the strong point of a music video, so choose wisely when picking a song since the song can determine the whole mood of the video (but at the same time it has to match the scenes in the video).

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First see what kind of music video you want, it also depends on your mood, if you are all happy and full of joy, you can't make a very sad video (you can try, but usually it won't work out).

You also have to make sure the clips and the song are well syncronized, so no "lets slap this clip on this part of the song and hope it works", because it would look pretty stupid if goku is simply eating and you are hearing "DU HAST!!" from rammstein or something.

Try not to over do special FX like the "fade from clip 1 to clip 2", and such, I have seen vids who used those things like, 10 times in a row and it looked really bad.

And... have patience, making a vid can be tricky, and can take from 2 hours to a few days if not weeks, depending on how well you want to make it and if you can find any good clips or not, sometimes you can't find a good clip at all!

D: so you might wanna use fraps, there's a shareware version of that on the internet, allows you to make screenies and 30 seconds long clips of the video.

Also very important, is that you have to choose between a story-AMV, or a tribute-AMV, story ones allways tell you the story about something about the series, and tributes are usually random, but the best clips of that character or the entire series, still, don't randomly slap clips in the vid D:

Good luck with it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As said above the main thing you have to avoid is random clips. Music videos are really 75% about the music. Pick a song you really like and fits with the character/clips and it will turn out fine, even if you do end up using more random clips.

The clips also shouldnt skip around the series too much. Try to have them connect somewhat in succession as your making the movie. Even if your doing a simple tribute try to go along with the story of the series and keep the clips close together. For example, if you have clips from the beginning of a fight scene, dont suddenly start using clips from another scene unless you can make it apparent that they connect.

Good luck, youll be able to get better tips and suggestions if you post the amv when your done.

Best answers
I had lost my adobe premiere.. I just got it back so now I'll be able to start making it. Thanks for the tips , but im not sure if I can use them personally.
Since im not that good I think I will just try a bit of what you guys said and then I will wait and see how it turned out.

Hmm... I was going to make one from Bleach ,b ut there seems to be a problem with the episodes that I was going to use.
Whenever I import them to adobe premiere , there is no video , just audio.
So I tried some other Anime and those do work. Strange..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom