Making A Glass Box

Best answers
Hey all, i got a prob, i just decided i was gona add a glass box thats see through to one of my maps. Now i have never made a glass box b4 and does any1 know of any tuts on it or how to make it :D

Ill be putting screenies up when its done and ul be mentioned in the credits too :p

Cheers to anybody who helps :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That really didn't answer his question... I think he was asking how to make glass transparent, if I understood correctly.
Refer to <a href="http://www.hlebound.com/devjournals/DragonDude/Mapping%20Tutorials/Glass_Transparency/glass_transparency.html">this</a> tutorial I made a long time ago for how to make glass (or anything, really) transparent.

Best answers
what i ment was literaly a see through glass box. but that tuts enough cheers

Best answers
yeh i tried that, it apeard as the texture i chose, yes i set it to glass, but i have fixed it now with the sky texture, for some reason it accepted it...still dont know why tho

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make a func_ breakable (or a func_wall if you dont want it to break)

set "fx mode" to "texture"
set "fx amount" to "100"

and your done... wo.. that was hard..

Best answers
i was doing specific colors and it didnt work but as i said above ive sorted it, it accepted the sky texture cus it was blue like the color i wanted to filter but i got proper glass in now LD, i just forgot 1 little think, to set the right color to be translucent so that the rest stayed normal but its done so end of

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom