Innermost thoughts

• wonderful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im suggesting when arrows pop up during advanced melee, you can either choose between DODGING (current system) and BLOCKING.

dodging would work as you just press the arrow to match it.

blocking would be pressing the block button in advanced melee and ONE arrow would then automatically fill up with white or gray. So you have to press the block button for each arrow. For random arrows, if you press block you will receive the full amount of damage. When hit, the damage you receive will be halved. If the damage you receive is 1, then you will receive one damage.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh?

Why block and take 1/2 damage. When you can dodge, and take no damage? I don't see the benefit especially if it doesn't work on random arrows, which is the only part of advanced melee that is hard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually wanted the arrows to be sped up, so if you can't keep up with it, you just press block to take the 1/2 damage rather than the full damage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There doesn't need to be any difference, if you dodge or block, you don't take damage. Adding half damage for blocking means everyone would dodge, I think it's fine as it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dodging is when you dont have any contact.. blocking is when you are having contact but minimizing the damage, so it should make sense

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This could actually work. It'll help for people who can't press the correct arrow in time, that way they can just press block, and it'll block the attack. From what I read, you don't have to press an arrow key in corresponding with the block key. So taking 1/2 damage instead of full would be "kinda" useful in situations where you're faced with about 40 arrows in a short amount of time.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a much better idea of doing this.

In advanced melee the guy attacks you and you choose to dodge. You go through the usual motions, but you KNOW that you missed the first, either the third or fourth arrow and the 5th arrow arrow.. (you dont know for shure)

The combo executes.
1. The first hit lands cause you DIDNT DODGE nor did you press BLOCK (the first punch must always be hit for this to be fair).
2. The second arrow gets dodged, you blocked it.
3. You panic you think its probally this one that you missed. You block it and its fake. you stumble and take 1/2 damage, but the next punch or kick must land.
4. Even if you origionally dodged the last one this new one will land with 1.2 times the damage, cause you blocked the wrong one. Blocking will do nothing cause its a stun similar to what a strong punch or a miedum punch would give you.
5. You block successfully even though you couldn't dodge origionally. The damage is 1/2 ed and the next punch depends on if you origionally dodged it or not. (this meaning, YOU CANT DO TWO FORCED BLOCKS IN A ROW)
6. You dodged it therefor you dodge his next attack.
7 through whatever is there. We assume you dodged these.

STIPULATIONS:
-Block breakers (like ones that are made because of powerfull attacks or blue attacks) are the engine "blocking" for you. You still dodged it but you hurt so much that you can only block it. (this means that you cant continue adding a forced block to it)
-First punch/kick must only be due to if you dodged or not. This meaning if you dodged the first punch you are good. If you didn't you cant block. (this keeping the element of suprise of your first attack)
-You cannont force block 2 times in a row. Punch 4 couldn't be blocked after punch 3 cause you already blocked at 3. Punches after the one blocked are left up to if you dodged. (This keeps it balanced cause you shouldnt be able to block everything)
-If you force block a combo, it will still execute. You origionally mis-dodged the combo, therefore he should get the glory of exectueing a combo at a small amount of damage reduced. (say about 2-5 life, but that can make all the diffrence in the world)
-If you boocked during the prepunches, you CANNONT block these. Cause the time is reduced and the damage is already less.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i wud do is have a counter system, if u block u can counter with a hardpunch away or a combo depending on the power of the punch u counter, but u'd have to press both the direction your opponent chose and the oposite direction at exactly the same time, if u only block them u get half damage. this is all done of course by holding the block button... i dunno sum kind of variation wudnt matter :\

Best answers
i dunno how old this one is but heres an idea..in the movie when gokus normal state..he gets hit most of the time...but when hes transformed and full power power he can block with one arm..so say if the attack was green and both players had a 900,000 ki difference(attacker having lower) then the attacked would get automatically blocked because the attacker was so weak compared to the stronger player..but if the attack had more kai hed be able to land most of this hits anyways and if the kais were close atleast less than 900,000 apart then they would do the usual advanced melle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom