Making 1vs1 map

Best answers
I've seen the request for one so i'm making one now, just summin simple but it looks cool imo lol and it does what its supposed to.

I'm gonna work on a destroyable version, the first version, however, will be all about efficiency and stuff so it'll run faster but be less functional etc.

Screen shots coming soon...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=O be sure to post a picture before you make a thread, allthough mods don't come aound here that much anymore, they might close it.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
=O be sure to post a picture before you make a thread, allthough mods don't come aound here that much anymore, they might close it.
I will be posting a screenshot in a matter of minutes if i can get this hulls.txt thing worked out...

EDIT:- Just made a screenshot of the map, obviously the sky will be changed, this was just for testing :p, theres a great feature to this map which some will love, others will hate(like marmite only in a game), you'll have to wait til you play it to find out what it is though :devgrin:

But I played a few rounds with a medium bot and it seems to run really well lol heres the shot...

http://www.randoanimals.com/images/misc/1v1.jpg

More to come...

EDIT2:-

Ok I think the first release of this map is ready now but one question... how do i upload to esf-world??? :S All i seem to be able to find is news saying the file uploader is back n stuff it doesnt say what it is though...

Best answers
hterag said:
http://www.randoanimals.com/guras_esf_1v1tournament.rar[/url]
Can you remove the ring out? It's stupid if you ask me, no offense. Besides there is already a map exactly like this with the ring out. If you remove that it'd be coo... (ring out completely defeats the purpose of a 1vs1 map and non noob fighting....)

Best answers
OK I can remove the ringout feature but some people like it, a load of my friends and I played the other day for a long time and once you realise you mustn't get thrown n stuff its ok to play.

I'll make esf_1vs1tournamentNR or summin(nr = no ringout)

Cya

***Update***

Due to the popularity of the ringout feature i've decided to leave it in after all and focus on the detroyablility of the map in the next release. Besides, anyone who's played budokai/2/3 will know that the ringout is an essential part of the whole tournament atmosphere.

Plus if you think about it it would deter n00bs as its an extra challenge and the people who are good will be able to avoid getting thrown out anyway :p

Best answers
Sorry to bother you, but I forgot to say, can you make a night version?

Night maps > Day maps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The walls are so thin I can hit players through them o_O
And plz release 1 without ringout, can't fight with bots like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom