Make your Youtube video in High Definition [Sony Vegas Users]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need Sony Vegas for this. If you don't have Sony Vegas, sorry. I also posted this at my forum and another so yeah. Maybe you'll find it useful. I hate watching horrible voice over tutorials.

----------------
These are the settings I use for Sony Vegas. I use 30FPS because the max on Youtube is 30 anyways. If you're making a tutorial video I suggest recording at 15FPS and if you're making movies or spoofs, I suggest recording at 23FPS or 24FPS. If you're recording game play, record at exactly 60FPS with Fraps.

Before you do this, save a backup, do all the finishing touches, make sure it's a final copy. Render small video portions to see if it's what you want on your final video. Filters on the preview window, depending what you set the quality as, will look different in the final.

When you start a new video, your video properties should look like this.

And if you like to use HD for now on, check "Start all new projects with these settings".

Now before we do anything else, right click on all of your clips and edit the following:

You want to disable resample because it removes the "blur" when it transitions to each clip. If you want the blur, do not disable it.

When you're done completing your clips and you want to render it now find the file type and the template and click customize.

Check Stretch video if you want your clips to be streched in wide screen, if not leave it as it is. You can use these to render now but I suggest reading on if you want your video to be in it's best quality for Youtube.

Click custom and and pick video quality to Best:

Use these audio settings:

Use the following video settings:

If you want your video to render faster, change the "seconds per framerate" to 3. Also change the "Override default compression buffer (seconds):" to 4.

This is total optional so you can skeep but if you want your video to look crisp and clear look below.

Leave 6 M if you want it to render faster. 7 M for a bit better quality, 8 M for great quality and 10 M for best. The higher you raise it up, the longer it will take to render.

Now save the template and render your video. It will take a long time to render. It's completely normal. Normally it will take an hour but depending the duration of your video and all the effects and filters, it might take a total of 1-7 hours. So render overnight while you're sleeping or going somewhere.

I don't use .mp4 because it takes longer time to render and sometimes if you aren't using the right settings your video will not go in HD. Don't forget when you upload your video, do not set it as private as your video will go automatically go HQ instead of HD. Refrain using WMG music in your video because if you upload it and they detect any copyright in your video, it will automatically be formatted to HQ and your audio will be removed.

If your video has a lot motion, for example game play footage, your video will have artifacts.

Example of what it looks like when its done rendering and uploaded to Youtube.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbw90E9e9GI[/ame]

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
For HD youtube videos I simply just use Windows Movie Maker which comes with most windows I think? I open up the video, then publish it as 720p, upload onto youtube, and it's HD.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very useful, stickified.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
must grab sony vegas been wanting to do so for a while now

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here is my video in hd,thank lil.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHwVIWIBj4[/ame]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For HD youtube videos I simply just use Windows Movie Maker which comes with most windows I think? I open up the video, then publish it as 720p, upload onto youtube, and it's HD.
WMM is ****ty compared to Vegas. WMM is for quick family movies, video blogging, etc.

My settings is ment for videos made in Vegas that are close to 720p or in a 16:9 resolution ratio. If you use Sony Vegas 9, the default settings are very similar to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom