Make or Break DBZ

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got to thinking and I was wondering if the directors and animators of FullMetal Alchemist or Bleach redid DBZ. Would it make or break the already awesome DBZ?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, leave DBZ alone.

You saw how GT ruined a lot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would anyone want to break something that's already broken? You, sir, are a heartless bastard. I bid you good day. I SAID GOOD DAY!

FMA people yes, Bleach people no. I hate bleach.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just would not be Dragon Ball Z without Akira Toriyama and his mind. I would love to see Dragon Ball Z remade, along with Dragon Ball, unfortunately that is not going to happen any time soon or at all. Besides, I would strongly prefer if Akira Toriyama remade the series, even though I do recall the Dragon Ball GT movie "Path to Power" being pretty good even though it deviated from the original story in Dragon Ball.

Not to mention Dragon Ball Z would not be Dragon Ball Z if it was any different than it was now; the ever changing drawing quality (a trademark of Dragon Ball Z). You also cannot forget how they did a poor job at re-dubbing the first two Dragon Ball Z sagas (The voice acting kept on changing from being over-exaggerated to being really dull), even though they did fix a few things in the dialogue.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, with Bleach, because I dont want to see DBZ if its all about:
'rofl growin big hair lol!'
Also, if they only do it when Goku defeats Frieza then YEAH!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well see, I think it would be interesting because the fight scenes might not be as boring and also less chessy. Plus, when anyone powers up or does a special move or transforms, it might look like 25 times better then the original. Really, I think it would bring back alot of DBZ fans and make the series alot better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh I don't know, I'm not one of those people who think the show is just about "constipated yelling". Dragonball Z's scale of power is enormous, so extremely above average theatric techniques are needed. Things that would work for Bleach/FMA may nto work with DBZ

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll still be the same prospect, beat the uber powerful guy and go ssj999999999999999, witch wouldn't work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why I'd think it to go only to the part where Goku pwns Frieza.

@Chakra-X : Yelling isn't the only way to show enormous power. Massive auras (as big as a moon) would show it as well. Bulging muscles as well. Power isn't limited to sound.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Which is why I'd think it to go only to the part where Goku pwns Frieza.

@Chakra-X : Yelling isn't the only way to show enormous power. Massive auras (as big as a moon) would show it as well. Bulging muscles as well. Power isn't limited to sound.
Yeah the one thing that DBZ had a problem with, their animations were old. Thats why yelling was over used. If DBZ was created during the 2000's then you would see plenty of eye candy. Aura's would be over used instead of yelling.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only if they kept' true to the DBZ Manga, Short talking, lots of ass kicking.. great dialogue and story, then it'd only be what? 125-200 episodes? I forgot how long the manga was.. but probably allot less episodes without the 19 minutes of talking and 6 minutes of fighting and all the filler's removed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to see GT redrawn, reanimated and er...redone completely.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only if they kept' true to the DBZ Manga, Short talking, lots of ass kicking.. great dialogue and story, then it'd only be what? 125-200 episodes? I forgot how long the manga was.. but probably allot less episodes without the 19 minutes of talking and 6 minutes of fighting and all the filler's removed.
And all the blood and guts violently shoved back in.

And some filler is cool, pikkon, and tein doing kaioken = pwn.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, its like people dont even know the manga exists. Who wants another anime of dbz when the story is perfect in manga form? dbz anime sucks btw.... same as naruto. Bleach has got a decent pace though, so i'd agree the the anime is on par with the manga, same with FMA. But naruto anime, and dbz anime, is just one repeated animation after the other, with 10 minute long pauses and 15 min recaps every episode. I'd much rather read some quality hand drawn manga with no bull****, beautiful artwork and a more realistic/good script.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be nice to see Dragon Ball Z redone. I'd love to see it free from all of those visual inconsistencies it carries now. It would be crisp & neatly done with this age, but I'd worry about FUNi's poor actors, especially Sabat. By this age, there's more than enough money to redo the entire thing but you'd figure with DBZ's decline in popularity speeding up, even when it isn't completely dubbed yet(Movies), it may not even make much money/fan praising or whatever, as we've all seen it before--the animation would be greatly improved but it'd be nothing too new to our eyes. Hm, Budokai 3 displayed some new animation, and to be honest, the colors were nice but the animation was no better than the stuff that was done in '85, sadly.

GT is what pretty much gave DBZ a bad name--you got Goku miniaturized, which is annoying as hell--transforming in to a SS3 as a child, disregarding any previous setbacks from using the form--ridiculous power levels & transformations, which define its DROLL nature--it put to shame all of DBZ's greatest fighters and made them look like insects to the tremendously overrated & excessively exaggerated fighters it contained. I think I'd drop my passion for Dragon Ball all together if GT was every redone, in any way, shape or form.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalised Prince said:
transforming in to a SS3 as a child, disregarding any previous setbacks from using the form
Disregarding any setbacks? Not only do the setbacks get worse, but he even points it out. If it lasts 10 minutes in his adult body it lasts like, 5 minutes as a child - which is probably why he uses SS4 exclusively when he gets it.

Best answers
ireally liked the way dragonballz was origanally but then GT ruined the series dragonball wasnt that great but dragonballz was my favorite i lost intrest around the middle of GT

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
My god, its like people dont even know the manga exists. Who wants another anime of dbz when the story is perfect in manga form? dbz anime sucks btw.... same as naruto. Bleach has got a decent pace though, so i'd agree the the anime is on par with the manga, same with FMA. But naruto anime, and dbz anime, is just one repeated animation after the other, with 10 minute long pauses and 15 min recaps every episode. I'd much rather read some quality hand drawn manga with no bull****, beautiful artwork and a more realistic/good script.
All that talking and hardly any of it answered the question originally asked in the thread. No one asked if you'd rather read manga, they asked if DBZ could be remade, would it be a good idea/could it be done better. That isn't an invitation to tell everyone how much you hate DBZ.

I don't like to keep the topic so narrowed but things can quickly spin out of control when people start treading in that "I randomly need to declare something everyone's talking about as the suckiest thing ever" gray area.

Best answers
i really enjoyed yu-yu hakusho for a manga.
the pokemon was better as manga, yugi-oh was better as manga..until they got to the "island-card-playing-omg"...thing.
uh naruto is better as manga.
anything is better as manga if you have mind power enough, but if not you think it's all "omg-shoot spiritthing..other guys die"

so, no. no remake of any anime at all, especially the dbz/gt.

Best answers
Lets leave dbz alone, i think i would want the complete new Story About Saiyans. Like There was man in a car driving home and sees that some kind of meteorith falls from the sky, he stops, and sees a baby boy in that metheorit.

Boy grows up and was called Yamato-san, he goes to scool and sees that his friend was kidnaped by a bandit, bandit kills his friend and runs away. When Yamato sees his friend dead, he feels big rage inside him and unleashes his Powerful energy.

somethink like that would be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom