Make beam size correspond with PL

Best answers
I don't think it makes sense for a SSJ3 Goku, powering up a Kamehameha wave as high as he can has a beam size of:

( )

^ that big on my screen.

I think it should partially based on PL--or perhaps put in a way for players to "overcharge" their beams (though making it take forever).

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me, EVM made beams so huge, you couldn't aim properly, small beam= more vision.

There are some bigger sprites you could use or make of course.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could agree if the beam got 50% bigger for the final transformation. But EVM size is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to big.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it makes sense for a SSJ3 Goku, powering up a Kamehameha wave as high as he can has a beam size of:

( )

^ that big on my screen.

I think it should partially based on PL--or perhaps put in a way for players to "overcharge" their beams (though making it take forever).
Beam sizes may get bigger per transformation, but they are a normal size to discourage beam spamming. The smaller the beam, the harder to hit the object, the less useful it becomes. Therefore, more reason to use melee.

Best answers
But don't you think when the automatic beam aiming system is implemented people will use beams more anyway?

Also--I agree that the EVM beams were way too big, im not talking about anything drastic, obviously there would have to be some sort of boundary set where the beams couldn't get bigger than a predetermined size.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But don't you think when the automatic beam aiming system is implemented people will use beams more anyway?
I have no idea what you are talking about.. I think you read something wrong.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's saying people are going to use beams anyway because of the "automatic beam aiming system" (eh?), so why not just make it super easy for spammers and make the beams the size of half the map.

Best answers
I took it from the 1.3 outline (though it is underneath powerstruggles, perhaps I misunderstood its function)

*Beam auto-aimer*

Also, Zeonix, your blatant sarcasm isn't appreciated--Im not a noob, or a dumbass so keep your comments to yourself unless they are constructive.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I took it from the 1.3 outline (though it is underneath powerstruggles, perhaps I misunderstood its function)

*Beam auto-aimer*

Also, Zeonix, your blatant sarcasm isn't appreciated--Im not a noob, or a dumbass so keep your comments to yourself unless they are constructive.
Me thinks the autoaimer is referring to the box round beamheads so you can easier start a PS.

Best answers
Thank you for the response, Grega--I thought it was implying to a sort of -locking on- system.

Any thoughts about the idea itself though? I'm not talking about a drastic change, I just thought a bit bigger beams would make it more DBZish--or even make the beams go faster?

Best answers
make beams and explosion higher would be cool but giant like evm no ... please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No way in hell. If the beam size was proportional to the PL, how big would they be if you reached like 10 mil on a server? Not to mention it would lag the server when a certain size is reached.

Best answers
i agree whit grega in the beams can be more big.... but only the special beams like kameha finalash, the simple beams no.
Actually the kameha in the minimun charge looks like a laser kameha, and dont looks like a ''strong power''
I think the size of the minumun charge can be the size of actually maximun charge and the maximun size can be 50% more
No only for ssj3.... i think that for all forms whit a minimun change in the size whit the tranformations

I disagree in the size of beams need be changed whit the pl.. and anyway in dragon ball may in frieza saga you see big beams and small beams and in buu saga you see small beams and big beams

Edit: and the actual size of damage area in the last release i think is good,, the sprites of the explotions can be same of the size of the damage area

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the beams size ar as they sould be the only think tha the beams need it's a little more speed in them since they have reduce the spash dmg,right now it's hard to kill a guy whit a beam because it's hard to aim on them (not for me )

Best answers
lol yeah i understand the one for EVM is like

(-------------------------------------------------)

lol that big

Best answers
if you put more speed in the beams, in close distance you dont have time of reaction to dodge (if you dont see the enemy charging the beem).. but i agree in medium and far distance the beams are easy to dodge..

1) may the characters can have a box (when you aim) like nova san said to aim and see more easy the enemy in far distances,

2) or/and may the beams can have a start speed and final speed for dont lose the time of reaction in the close distances,

3)or/and may the scouter can say you when the oponent is charging a power, and comes the all beams to dont have disadvantages, actualy its very easy know when vegeta is charging a gallitgun but its hard knows when are charging a bigbang

Edit:the 3rd is if someone wants put more speed in the beams whitout the 2nd point, in that form the enemy can be prepared

Best answers
No way in hell. If the beam size was proportional to the PL, how big would they be if you reached like 10 mil on a server? Not to mention it would lag the server when a certain size is reached.
Thats where a max beam size would come in--I didn't say the explosion would be proportional either. Im talking about JUST the beam size.

Also--like Solent said, I believe in the show if Goku was powering up a full powered kamehameha then it would've definitely been picked up on by a scouter because of the concentration of powerlevel.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

*Beam auto-aimer*

When has my blatant sarcasm ever been appreciated? Kama asked for a translation, so I gave it to him.

If I can see everything perfectly when I'm firing my ginormous kame, fine. If it's just going to make everyone disappear and I need to detonate it blindly, then there's no point in having this. I know you want it to look pretty, and that works for a show, but in-game, I'd like to know where everyone is.

Ginormous beams don't need to be fast. They're ginormous. Actually, none of the beams need to be made faster than they already are. The only purpose of increasing their speeds would be to give people less of a chance to evade beams and their respective spammers.

An "easy-mode" box isn't necessary. The point is for your skill to increase, so that you don't need to be 10 feet away from someone in order to hit them. I can hit moving targets at a distance pretty damn well, because I've played for so long. Spend some time practicing and you won't need the box.

I wouldn't mind seeing a symbol for beams on the scouter. It'd lower the chances of us being blown up during little fights in the corners and such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
big beam sizes are awesome, just when they are big, let them get abit transparent to see where to aim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom