Make beam size correspond with PL

Best answers
When has my blatant sarcasm ever been appreciated? Kama asked for a translation, so I gave it to him.

If I can see everything perfectly when I'm firing my ginormous kame, fine. If it's just going to make everyone disappear and I need to detonate it blindly, then there's no point in having this. I know you want it to look pretty, and that works for a show, but in-game, I'd like to know where everyone is.

Ginormous beams don't need to be fast. They're ginormous. Actually, none of the beams need to be made faster than they already are. The only purpose of increasing their speeds would be to give people less of a chance to evade beams and their respective spammers.

An "easy-mode" box isn't necessary. The point is for your skill to increase, so that you don't need to be 10 feet away from someone in order to hit them. I can hit moving targets at a distance pretty damn well, because I've played for so long. Spend some time practicing and you won't need the box.

I wouldn't mind seeing a symbol for beams on the scouter. It'd lower the chances of us being blown up during little fights in the corners and such.
Sory Zeonix, if you have problems whit Nova-San is other them, but i dont agree whit your think,

First.. i thiink the idea of the scouter is good becouse, much noobs do this
For example whit buu, they charge a mouth blast , when the enemy comes to atack whit melee they shoot the mouth blast, and that sux, and is very spamable becouse much players have beam atacks than the enemy cant see that when they charge that beams

Second, the box to aim... is good becouse you cant see in far distances at your enemy, or if he is swooping at far distances, its hard aim to he all time, if you dont aim good the power comes to crash to the wall after the enemy
sincere .. actually the beams only are effectives if you use thats like a surprise atack, and i dont agree whit that

Third, when i say more big the beams, i dont say like evm, i say 50% more, to give more look of strong power, actually the kameha in minumun charge looks like a laser beam
may be that looks at cosmetic suggestion, and? why the esf team make good graphics and a good aura in that case? that have importance

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what you're trying to say with your first comment.

I already said I agree with beams being visible on the scouter.

The box to aim is a bad idea. If you think he's too far, get closer. There's no reason to have people spamming from across the map. I understand that you'd have to be pretty lazy to want to pick off targets with large beams over and over again, but to actually want a little box to make things easier? That's ridiculous. Play the game like the rest of us, get good at the game, and when you're up to par, you'll be able to hit anyone with beams from as far as you'd like. We don't need ESF to become more "noob-friendly" than it already is.

I said that I don't care if the beams are made larger, as long as I can see. If I can't see, I don't want them. "Good aura and good graphics" don't blind me while I'm playing. A large bright blue beam does. As you can see with Vegeta Gallick Gun aura, you can see right through it, giving you fairly good visibility. If the beams suddenly become see-through in order to maintain visibility, what's the point in even making them look larger?

Best answers
yea i repeat the same stuff, becouse some people in this post dont want read all ...

for that reason, if you can see the beams in your scouter(actually you can see some beams for the sprites) , you cant do surprise beam atacks in close distances, for that reason i think the beams need be better in far distance
may whit the points before mentioned

EDIT: and the aura blind me, i can se better whitout aura, i only saying a bit more big, or only more big in the minum charge,in all case , you can see better whitout the sprites of kameha, only the head
Sincere i prefer the gameplay than the cosmetic modification, but good ambientation, more atention in the noobs to play this game, and you dont going to be blind for a bit more big

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, but again, no one wants people sniping from across the map. If you're as close as you're saying, he'll either hear the beam and escape, or he he'll get hit with splash damage. Why someone would charge a kame and fire it at someone 5 feet away is beyond me, but hey. If you want to do it, go for it. Just don't try to find reasons to ruin the game when it doesn't work.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, but again, no one wants people sniping from across the map. If you're as close as you're saying, he'll either hear the beam and escape, or he he'll get hit with splash damage. Why someone would charge a kame and fire it at someone 5 feet away is beyond me, but hey. If you want to do it, go for it. Just don't try to find reasons to ruin the game when it doesn't work.
Me points to beam desintegration. Thats the next best thing :p

In any case. If you ask me. Signature beams should be like:
- Stronger (more HP damage)
- Faster (less charge time till full charge)
- Compact (at the point of beam explosion damage is 100%. about 10 feet out its only 10%)

Impossible to spam but very useful in the mids of combat due to heavy damage on direct hit and a faster charge time.

But thats just my opinion.

Best answers
Me points to beam desintegration. Thats the next best thing :p

In any case. If you ask me. Signature beams should be like:
- Stronger (more HP damage)
- Faster (less charge time till full charge)
- Compact (at the point of beam explosion damage is 100%. about 10 feet out its only 10%)

Impossible to spam but very useful in the mids of combat due to heavy damage on direct hit and a faster charge time.

But thats just my opinion.
You have a good point there Grega. Having beams operate that would way would improve usability in a normal combat situation.

Also Zeonix, some of us have a lot going on in our lives to an extent that we can't dedicate hours to be "up to par" with fine individuals like yourself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also Zeonix, some of us have a lot going on in our lives to an extent that we can't dedicate hours to be "up to par" with fine individuals like yourself.
Yes, I'm sure you're going to college full-time, working long hours, have a girlfriend and maintain your social life as I am currently doing, but you don't see me trying to add an easy mode to esf.

What is so hard about leading a target? Nothing. As in all things, it takes more than 10 minutes to master, but if you've ever even played a combat flight simulator, you'll know what to do. Aim where your target is going and not where he is and shazaam. It's magic.

Best answers
1if the people dont want beams across the map , is other point, i only give a not spamable option, becouse nobody can trow muchs beams for the stamina.
Anyway, for me that poin really dont metter, im interested in the point of surprise atacks, and beams a bit more big

2 one people going to fire a mouthblast (no kameha becouse have big sprite) at 5 feats , and the enemy cant hear that becouse the enemy is coming at far distance and fast whit swoop to atack whit melee, and other reason ir becouse some beams charge dont have sounds.

I like the point of grega whit the idea of the scouter, becouse you dont have time to scape (only dodge) and you can know when the oponent is charging that beams, to prevent surprise atack when you swoop to the enemy

EDIT: may too,you can see the beams heads in your scouter or the distance of the beam heads sounds can be amplified
Obviusly, actually if you are good you can hear that sound and can press very fast the G , but you dont are in good situations all the time in melee fight, and i dont wanna fight in a good melee fight vs a good player and loose for a far surprise beam noob like much people do in the 1.1,1.2 whit the spiritbomb or whit other powers more fast and unperceive

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
forget last post... supposed to be a reply to another thread... DAMN that marihuana!
anyways yea grega has a point.. disentigration would be the solution to some of the most recurrent problems regarding beams... and beam size.. well.. like it was said.. have only signature beams as the biggest beams.

Best answers
Bigger beam sounds good, but also the blasts should be bigger. Besides shouldnt explosions be bigger too? it looks stupid when your a frieza with death ball that destroys planets in tv show and in game its a tiny explosion :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom