Make an Online server?

Best answers
Okay, here is the problem, I go into ESF, and hit the Create Server button.

I put in everything i want, and uncheck the LAN Server checkbox.

But then, when i create a server, noone can see it.

I am behind a router and a firewall, but even when i disable my firewall no change.

Has anyone else had this problem? and if so, do you know how to fix it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forward port 27015 under the UDP protocol (kinda redundant to say UDP protocol, but meh) on your router.

If you don't know how, this site will show you how to forward ports on just about any modern router.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. The server uses one port, and one port only. You can configure it to use any port you wish, but 27015 is the default.

Best answers
Dam, thats odd, cuz it still doesnt seem to work.. i have forwarded the port 27015 and i create a server and my friend still cant see the game.. =(

Best answers
I created a static IP Address, then i put the port 27015 into the forward port section, made the IP adress the static one i created, and then made a game, and for futher reasurance typed sv_lan 0 into the console, and my friend still cant see it, does anyone else know what might be wrong?

My Router is a Netgear WPN824, if anyone wants to verify that i forwarded the port right

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Can you help my with this one.... I have Blocked ports my administrator friend bloched my ports because I have lots of esf players on my server and he didnt....and I can create anymore they dont see my server can you help me with something? :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@spaxman0: You probally have other programs blocking your access to run this prorgram, or you haven't forwarded ports properly.
Ok let me run you through a semi-through tutorial.

First off you need to find which address your computer is on the network. Start by running "Command Prompt" which can be found somewhere on your start menu (usually in the Accessories folder).

Type in the command ipconfig. Look at IP Address. For me its 192.168.1.101, for you it will be something diffrent. It all depends on what kind of router or how your network is set up. Please note: memorize this step. This address CAN change from time to time.

Ok secondly I assume you know how to get into your router since you have stated something along those lines. Get to the part where you forward the port 27015 *make shure this is a UDP port.
Ok and now for the IP address, make shure that it points to the same address in the IP config. (it should be on the same page since it "forwards" all information on that port to that computer)

Now, just make shure it is enabled.

Also this was a more generic instruction because you seem to not use a Linksys router. But you seem you know somewhat you are doing, so my instructions should make sense.

Also an other problem would be that your windows firewall or an antispyware/antivirus program is blocking it. IF (and only if) one of thiese are blocking it (programs like those generally have a list of everything that they allow and block), unblock it. Do not disable the whole program since that may cause some problems.

Also, as a security thing, always reenable the firewall for 27015 after you finish. Last thing you need is a Trojan attack in the middle of the night. Sends you into nightmares and forces you to reformat everything.

One last note: Do not just go messing around in your firewall. I noticed you said you "created a static IP".... well maby your network is not the type for static IPs. I have a feeling you might have done more harm then good if you mess with your IP configuration too much. However, every network is diffrent, and as far as I know that is how it is supposed to be.

@Son Goku:
-First off: create your own thread
-Second off: No, your ports are blocked. You can not do anything about your friend who was apparentally bieng an ass and wouldnt let you run your server.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thanks man I DID I changed my PORTS AND YES finally :D if you guys I create and will fight :"D

Best answers
TY VERY MUCH KilledWithStyle, Although I had to buy the full version of my firewall to stop it from blocking the port. One more thing, is it possible to remove the password whilst in game? Thanks!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the command sv_password is for that

to remove the password type sv_password " " into the console.

to set a password type in sv_password "password"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Yes. The server uses one port, and one port only.
Very wrong. You'll need ports 27000-27030 with BOTH UDP/TCP protocols enabled.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Spunky said:
Very wrong. You'll need ports 27000-27030 with BOTH UDP/TCP protocols enabled.
My left nut knows more about TCP/IP than you ever will

HLDS binds to one socket listening on one port, 27015 by default (UDP only), unless you specify `+port x` on the command line

e.g.

./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 12 +map spunky_is_a_retard +port 12345

Best answers
this is probably a stupid question but what and where do i fined the user name and password.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Username and password for what?

If you mean the router settings try this:

Name: Admin
Passwrd:

Thats right no password

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom