Major comebacks in gaming?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just now I'm playing rock band on expert score duel guitar, and me and this guy play a song and he's winning by 2k, and we're just talking and ya know, doing whatever playing.

at one point there's an easy solo, but the end of the solo there's a quick sequence like

red, blue, yellow, blue, red

--x--
---x-
--x--
-x---
--x--
---x-
--x--
-x---
--x--
---x-

Like that, and I hit overdrive + nailed it all, then proceeded to chords + more overdrive, and I jumped about 20k in front of him, and out of no where this guy just says, quote, "**** you you fat piece of **** ******. Learn to play real guitar" and quits mid song.

(lol @ rage quit)

what's some moments you were either losing or head to head, and you just completely dominated?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really commit such moments to memory. They're fun times though. Usually leaves the other person(s) completely confused and/or angry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahaha I thought you said he was ahead by 5k.

On CoD4, I was dominating with my "Assassins " class on Hardcore Team Deathmatch. I was able to kill enemies with my pistol, a whole clip in like two seconds. At the end I had like 29 (or 30) kills and 1 death. At the begining of the match I died by my own teammates gernade. -_-

After wards people in the lobby room were like "You have a modded controller!" "Hey Tyrone back out, this guy is damn good" and "Oh **** we got owned". Though the next match I died like 128301928390 times.

I hate Creek. Damn snipers.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a duel vs someone in esf 1.2.3 like a year ago (forgot who it was)
scores were 0-9 ... I somehow managed to win 10-9 with 20hp left... that was awesome.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahaha I thought you said he was ahead by 5k.

On CoD4, I was dominating with my "Assassins " class on Hardcore Team Deathmatch. I was able to kill enemies with my pistol, a whole clip in like two seconds. At the end I had like 29 (or 30) kills and 1 death. At the begining of the match I died by my own teammates gernade. -_-

After wards people in the lobby room were like "You have a modded controller!" "Hey Tyrone back out, this guy is damn good" and "Oh **** we got owned". Though the next match I died like 128301928390 times.

I hate Creek. Damn snipers.
I find that ****ing people up in the tunnel works well when being snipe whored. I personally booby trap the entrance, camp for a bit, then head out and try to make it up the canyon wall to put some hurting on the boobs that snipe in one spot.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scout + Flashbanged = 5 Dead Terrorists

Ask Keiha (he loves me) o_O

That being the most recent...

Last edited:
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just have my ESF story (and countless more difficult to describe Supreme Commander victories) which I've put up twice on the board before. I'll tell it again for anybody who hasn't heard it.

Ape threw a tournament at one point to induct a new member into their clan. They didn't really go out looking for members, and you couldn't just ask to get in, but I guess they decided they needed one and I wanted into a clan so I joined their tournament. I don't remember who was even in it anymore, as I think this was somewhere around 3 years back, but I had to win against three opponents so its safe to say there were at least 8 guys in the tourney, and all of them decent. One of the people who was in the tournament with me was... Christ I can't remember his name... he was a really loud player, and somebody who had been trying to get into Ape for months before this tournament came up. He seemed to me to be obsessed about it and I clearly remember Gohan telling me that they really didn't want to bring this guy onto the team so if he made it to the final round they'd all be routing for me. Well he made it to the final round.

We'd run into each other on a server the day before the tournament and Kami came in after us, and he asked us if we wanted to have any rules during the match, like melee only or no beam jumping, whatever, and this guy (Was it Linx? Christ I can't remember) came out and said "NO RULES. ANYTHING GOES." I'm thinking that's kinda lame, I prefered duels with only simple melee or maybe generic beams, or no throwing, or whatever, but he called me a pussy for wanting them restricted and I let him have his wish.

When we played the final round we used a big open man, both of us Goku, and had like 10 spectators for it (Ape, other tourny entrants), and when they started the match the first thing he did was beam jump to the other end of the map and spam Kami torpedos. I beam jumped after him and got tagged by one. They were instantly deadly, and we figured out later that every spectator in the room was the equivalant of a 0 power level character, which made the beams do tremendous damage. I tried to chase him down with melee because it seemed like the 'right' thing to do and I didn't want to win cheesy and he killed me five times in a row with gen beams and Kamehamehas. It was 0 to 5, and the spectators weren't even rooting anymore, they were just making sad comments about how quickly I'd lost. The fifth time I died I was pissed as hell about his cheapo tactics so before I spawned, inbetween his taunts, and typed out that if he wanted to be cheap, I'd be cheap right back at him, and as soon as I respawned I nailed him with an instafragging kami torpedo. Then another one. Then another one. Then I hit him with a kamehameha. By then I was in the zone, and we all know how that feels. I tagged him twice with generic beams from half way across the map, chasing him with them as he teleported. Direct full charged gen beam was enough to frag. I finished him with a kamehameha, having made 10 frags in a row, beating him 10 to 5. Everybody left in the room went nuts and this guy started just going off in full caps about how cheap it was, completely lame victory, and he wanted a rematch, and I just typed out "You said no rules. Those were your words." I believe he responded to that with dots, and then he accepted that it was what he had said and stopped screaming about it. In the end he took it like a champ. A hurt champ, but a champ, and I had my epic victory, along with a place in the clan.

Never had a comeback like that in other games, and I don't believe any other game quite captures the ego-centric fist pounding 'power struggle' that is Dragonball Z. It was quite memorable.

I did have some fun comebacks in Supreme Commander with tactical missile sniping. For those of you who are unfamiliar, in ranked matches the goal for victory is not to destroy the enemy base, but the enemy commander. Generally this happens mid-destroying-the-enemy-base, but there are a couple of ways you can circumvent the unit grind if you are resourceful (and I personally think that's a brilliant game design decision). Some people secretly horde aircraft and suicide them into enemy territory in the hopes of bombing the commander to death before they lose all of their aircraft, some use scouts to figure out when the commander is too far away from his reinforcements and send little fast squads to swarm him, and some people, like me, use tactical missiles. Tac missiles come about half way into the game and cost quite a bit. They're expensive, meaning they completely disrupt your economy during their production, and they are either hit or miss. You only get one shot with tactical missiles, they're dummy missiles meaning they don't aim themselves at the enemy they just go where clicked on the map, and they can be stopped by shields (also mid-game buildings) and anti missile defenses. They're a very difficult surprise tactic to utilize, in serious matches, but they were my absolute specialty. Send a small group of cloaked flying units to skirt the map, build two missiles behind your base, and execute your commander before you'd ever considered a shield. Good times.

Anyway they aren't always useless end-game, they're just way harder to take advantage of. Generally by the end of the game your enemy has shields all over the place and anti missile systems so they only way to nail a commander is, again, to find him sitting still, somewhere away from his defenses. You still need to have your tac missile silos cloaked to avoid suspician, and the reality is, if you're building these this late in the game, it's a desperation attack. I have successfully mounted more of these attacks than I can remember, and every time was fantastic, but one in particular is still fresh in memory. We were on a very small map with a little mountain in the middle and three starting areas (I am not particularly strong in ranked games with big areas of open territory accessible early on). The game started out normal enough, but I was quickly beaten back into my starting area by superior tactics, and my opponent took over the other two thirds of the map. There were massive waves of tanks running into my defenses keeping me from expanding, but my opponent got ****y. Ego is incredibly dangerous in such a tactical game and he was going to pay for his time wasting. These ranked games are fairly serious business when you're up in the top 2000 like I was and preserving my ratio was important so I launched my tried and true desperation measure. I had a cloaking device (small radius, heavy power usage) in the middle of the map that I'd built at the very start of the game. He gave me about 10 minutes while he built up his massive army of units to swarm my walls in some fantastical fashion and I bled every scrap of what I had into building two tactical missile silos and about ten cheap crappy tech 1 bombers, all I could collect before he moved his units in. I knew he wanted my base wiped out, and he would have his map zoomed in on my commander, micromanaging the little bastards while he was attacking me. It takes two to kill a commander, and his commander was under a ton of max-teched out shields, but I had a plan, and he had no clue. There was one spot near his commander where he had a power generators and shields stacked together (one can blow up the others if they go up, but it lets you overlap shields) and he had four very large power generators right next to one another. I let him attack me, and once I saw his units had come all the way inside of my walls and were attacking my commander, the moment I lost power and my tactical missile silos were revealed and starting taking artillery hits, I launched them off with my bombers. My bombers hit the edge of a power station right south west of his commander, causing them to detonate, which punched a whole in the shields just big enough to fit a tac missile inside, and the two missiles took out his commander right before mine exploded, giving me the victory. That was fairly epic as well.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yus, back in the day when everyone was playing counterstrike. i was never one to be amazing at the game, i had my good days and my bad days however. This particular day i had 1 kill and 11 deaths, in other words a bad day.

keeping my score in mind i was playing it safe, hiding behind corners and boxes. hoping to catch a stray terrorist without him seeing me for an easy kill. Then i saw in big red letters that all of my teammates had been killed, without a single kill on our side. It was me vs 9 terrorists, and all i had was a deagle.

i knew i was screwed so i just went for it, saw the main group of em. 5 terrorists pack hunting for me. I sprayed deagle fire while strafing and got 3 headshots in a row, then took the other 2 out with random shots ducking and weaving around a corner.

i stole one of the Ts m4s and i was feeling pretty bad ass after that last encounter, especially since i now had the noob cannon m4. I picked off 2 others who were camping like i was nearby, then the last 2 started charging me with knives showing off, i pulled out my knife and alt stabbed both of em on my first try, insta kill.

the whole next round was the opposing team accusing me of hacking, although my score was still negative, but I never felt more badass in my entire time playing CS.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went 200-9 with a pistol and shovel in DoD: S once. I stopped playing shortly afterward because I had become "that guy".

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best of all time for me? A 3.5 hour game of Natural Selection when it was version 1.04. We were aliens, which at the time, were a bit underpowered in comparison to marines due to the super power of the heavy machine gun, auto sighting siege cannons, and the jetpack fuel bug (High FPS allowed for nearly infinite fuel). I can't remember the map we were on, I think it was ns_caged. Whatever the one with the rotating (onos killing) door was.

Anyway, we started out in the engine room hive (the one with the 2 large storage tanks). This was well known as the instant gameover hive as if you could get to Jetpacks, it was almost impossible to stop since it was a hugely tall and wide open room. Skulks could basically do **** all. Anyhow, we got the 2nd hive up. It went down instantly, but not before we got 1 Fade. I was a lerk. The rush was coming to the hive. Our gorge made a tower of Defense Chambers underneath the hive. Between my lerking, the fade and the DC tower which let skulks get up to the top of the hive easily, we held off the JP rush in time to get another hive up.

We spent the next several hours building, and losing hives and marine outposts. We rotated through having 3 hives and 1 hive a lot. Eventually, we managed to beat back the marines into their base, aced all their resource towers, got 3 hives, and proceeded to onos, fade and xenocide skulk them to death. Was quite epic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me + magus + arthos + Jedi Academy = lolz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jedi Academy owns.

I've had some good fun in supreme commander, mostly against people that sucked and thought they were being smart.

He was UEF I was Cybran. He was trying to turtle like mad, he had crazy anti air, and for some odd reason he built like 100 tactical missile defense buildings.

He had defense, I admit it, I wouldnt have attacked him it would have been retarded.

He was also trying to build a Mavor with a crap economy, so he was occupied with that... for a long time.

Mean while, I built up my economy, built some descent defenses, lined the area outside my base with flak guns and sams to keep him from scouting my base.

I started to build stealth generators, then I flew some tech 3 engineers to the top of this mountain, to put T3 guns in range of his base. Stealthed them of course, he had no idea I was doing anything.

Saw him trying to build nukes and T4 artillery so I suicided them every once in a while with bombers.

Meanwhile... as I was completing the T3 artillery, I was setting them to hold fire, so I wouldnt alert him to the fact that I was building them. I built a total of 4 T3 artillery, then set them to fire at the same time....

I instantly hit his commander and T3 power generators, with the first volley, taking out like 2/3's of his base because he built all of his buildings way too close together.

He instantly began cursing and screaming, I instantly became LOL'ing then he quit. It was great.

I've also had some good comebacks in Wc3 where its been 2v1, and usually when you out number your opponent you dont try as hard, and try to do weird stuff to mess with them.

I was undead, massed gargoyles and tried to turtle up and expand out and take gold mines. I wasnt using the gold though just didnt want them to have it. Kept building towers, and cranking out gargoyles like crazy.

They were both orc, and they tried to mass taurens. LOL. They didnt know I had gargoyles, but they attacked, I killed the taurens, set my gargs in stone form to heal them, they continued to send tauren, I was attacking with like 50sh gargoyles, killed both their bases. It was great.

Another fun one was when me and my ally were losing horribly, but I had like 24 orc raiders and a Tauren Chieftan with endurance aura, I had a few buildings hid behind some trees, my ally did too, but he was dead, just in the game. They spread all their units out looking for our buildings, I attacked one opponents town hall directly, his ally tried to teleport, but his units were spread out so only his hero TP'd which got owned, killed his town hall, all of his buildings, he had no defense.

Then the other units all rushed to the other base, but I beat them, and destroyed the buildings. It was great.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus and i actually made Arthos "RHEEEEEE" and ragequit :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl.

story number 1: Jedi Academy
me vs 5 clan members at once = major ego boost for me.

story number 2:
not mine actually, but it involves this mod.

Sarutobi Sensei and I were having a friendly and vicious 1 on 1, as per usual in those days. I, for once, had 8 kills and he only had 2. got that? i was winning 8 to 2. then i suddenly lose 10-8. wtf.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I remember when I wasn't that good at civilization, I built up a fair empire, I had my home island plus most of my enemys continent. Then another civ declared war on me, I was losing, so I did what any self respecting country would do in such a situation - I nuked everything I could. Global Warming kicked in, millions upon millions of people died of starvation, but things became bad enough that the attacks stopped coming giving me time to rebuild.

@DaRk: Saru had you right where he wanted you the entire time. He was just building up suspense.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there is one game in which I can lay down smack with authority it is Joint Operations Escalaiton.

While playing a game not too long ago, I happened to be running around on a tank filled map with my tank mines, M4 with 203, and the trusty shank. I detest the use of tanks, and think that those that use them repeatedly for the whole map are made of labia and absence of spine.

One of my favorite weaklings decided he was going to mock me after killing me with a tank from 1km away. I reminded him how much of a bad ass he was with a sniper rifle that's a garaunteed kill as long as you hit the ground with in twenty feet of me. He, of course, responded with his trademark, "Me alive, you dead."

I took the scenic route around the map the next time, and found that two other tank noobs were up on the hill with him. By the time I got up to the hill and snuck up behind them there were four.

:cool:

I set up three tank mines, one between each tank, and casually walk back down the hill with a taunt in local (so they knew I was right outside their tanks), and dropped a nade in the middle. All four tanks blow, as their turrets start swinging towards me. Chavis starts swearing up and down that I'm a noob, and wimp for blowing up his tank (on foot).

I respond by telling him that I was a huge pussy for killing four tanks on foot with one grenade, and utterly owning him with a taunt.

I finished 10 places ahead of Chavis at the end of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom