Majin Veggie

Best answers
Really? Did DBZ use that much stock film? I only ask because I'd lay good money that this image is the reference. Photoshop has a way of revealing things like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
huh ? i dón´t really get what your saying.
i got the picture outlined it and then colored it not mor and not less

Best answers
meh i couldnt color for my life in PS.... do you just take a paintbrush and stay in the lines or something?

Best answers
Were I to guess I'd say he made the image a background layer then used the pen/vector tool to lay down the lines on top of that image as the groundwork then possibly blurred the original for the colors. Some editing was probably done where necessary. The lightning was probably improvised. If that was the case, then I really think you should say that you more than referenced a pic. Because when I say I reference a pic I mean that I use a photo for pose refinement, color adaptation, or some other contextual necessity: style, clothing and so on. It's used for parts or sections of a work, not for an indirect copy of that source picture. There's nothing wrong with using a picture in that manner, provided you give the proper credit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope i did really only ust the ref pic for the outlines .
and cause i did it first from hand drawing there is no way i coud use my ref as bg layer.after i did draw the pic with pen and paper i scanned it into my comp and mad clear outlines and stuff and then colored it that´s all. iif i would just have cpoied the ref pic than i wouldn´t even post it here

Best answers
I'm just trying to get a clear idea of what you did. Did you or did you not trace the original in any way or fashion for the outlines? If you scanned original linework, what program did you use to vector the scanned input?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it sure looks like its been digitally inked, but it looks nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err...i really dunno what you guys are talking about i dunno anything about this artwork stuff

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its just it would be very hard to give the effect of that line art without using something like adobe illustrator, or adobe streamline, because the line art is supa smooth. It doesnt look like analogue line art.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah so you mean the outlines? well as i said i scanned in my pic. and then used the lasso tool to select the lines as smooth as possible and then well gave it thee brownish touch and then i deleted the bg layer what was my pic i scanned in and started coloring

Retired
Best answers
Drunken Trunks, upload it to a server first, then you can use that URL to show it to people..

good job man, I like that vegeta pic. excellent drawing imo. I think the cg might need some work. good job on the bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom