Best answers
'The Guys of polycount' are not big headed they maybe have a ego because there good there really good some are just arrogant some arent its a personallity of the man/woman

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Originally posted by Vassago
A majority of the people at Polycount are PROFESSIONALS, so show some damn respect will you?

You guys don't know anything about modeling, texturing or animation and you post at polycount expecting what, PRAISE?
Grow up and get into the real world. The gaming industry is hard, and cut throat, period.

If someone doesn't like your work, they tell you. it's that simple.

I've had my models and textures at work redone by other people because for whatever reason, the producer didn't like them.

Did I like it? No. Did anyone tell me? No. Did I moan and complain about it? hell no. If they have to redo my work, then I know I have to get better. You know what? I have. No one touches my work anymore, because I realized that I had to improve.

If you want people to say nothing but "omg ownage" then go somewhere else.

If you want critial, realistic feedback from industry pros, go to polycount.
NO, I expect them to respect me as I respected them. All I wanted was a little help, but all they did was critic my work and say "You will never be good at modelling...either u have it or you don't" Now I don't call that respect. I don't care if their the damn president of the united states, you just don't tell somebody they will never be good at something. When they told that to me...that made me think that I should just give up on modelling and move on with something else. But insteed I kept up with it and kept on practicing. You would think if they were professional they would try and help our others, just as they they got help. I would never do that to somebody...Even if I were to be the best Modeller in the world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I better start posting my models at polycount too.

Oh, and the Buu model looks excellent Vassago, exactly like in the show :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X, I see your point. But Vassago is making a good point. They make money based on how good their work is. Why are they going to help make competition for themselves in the job market? Ignore them and remember what they did to you when/if you make it big ;)

Just keep practicing, take advice when given and ignore the flames.

Vassago

V
Well, ya know - you are taking the flames the wrong way.

When someone on polycount says my work sucks (and they have/do), that makes we want to work even harder at getting better at it. ;)

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
This is a battle of opinions that will see no winners

Say goodnight kiddies :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom