Maj... Dr. Maj...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...well, not, technically, for another 4 years. However, I just got a letter in the mail this morning stating that I had been accepted to medical school. After a disgustingly drawn-out application process (write the MCAT, send in a lengthy application package along with 900 other students, stick it out through a 3-hour interview with 330 other applicants, and a 3-month wait afterward), I'm happy to put my undergrad "career" behind me and move on toward more professional training.

I have to say, I haven't actually felt particularly ecstatic about what I had been doing at university until now, as I've got a solid way to apply what I've learned over the last few years.

On a related note, is anyone else graduating/moving on to a more focused or specialized path? In all honesty, I can't remember where most of the active members were headed (noting, of course, that people can change gears pretty readily over the course of a year or two).

...and before anyone asks, I'll deal with "prescriptions" at a later date (I'm looking at you, Phobius!) =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You, I now will come to you for medical advice :p

And I'm serious, I have some questions D:

But grats man. That's really good.

I'm going going into my final high school year and this year I'm going to focus on 3d modeling, and after that I'm heading into Cogswell Polytechnical school.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another step in his evil plan to takeover the world is complete.

CONGRATZ! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congratz. I'll be going to university starting october. Molecular cellbiology it will be.
I plan to get a Ph.D myself.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...well, not, technically, for another 4 years. However, I just got a letter in the mail this morning stating that I had been accepted to medical school. After a disgustingly drawn-out application process (write the MCAT, send in a lengthy application package along with 900 other students, stick it out through a 3-hour interview with 330 other applicants, and a 3-month wait afterward), I'm happy to put my undergrad "career" behind me and move on toward more professional training.

I have to say, I haven't actually felt particularly ecstatic about what I had been doing at university until now, as I've got a solid way to apply what I've learned over the last few years.

On a related note, is anyone else graduating/moving on to a more focused or specialized path? In all honesty, I can't remember where most of the active members were headed (noting, of course, that people can change gears pretty readily over the course of a year or two).

...and before anyone asks, I'll deal with "prescriptions" at a later date (I'm looking at you, Phobius!) =P
Congratulations. I got my undergrad in December of '06--trying to get into a masters Japanese program these days and taking classes at the USDA Graduate School (yes, believe it or not--the USDA has a grad school. o_O)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're going to be in school for such a long ass time and you're gonna have to pay so many bills. CONGRATS!!!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're going to be in school for such a long ass time and you're gonna have to pay so many bills. CONGRATS!!!
Yes, and then he'll end up making $300,000+ a year and be able to pay off those bills?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maj left a pair of scissors in my chest. I demand justice.

And money. Lots and lots of money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, and then he'll end up making $300,000+ a year and be able to pay off those bills?
After maybe 10-20 years, yea. You have to intern for a long time still, and unless you go into private practice you're not going to be making that much when you're a starting doctor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doctor Mario, eat your heart out. ;O

Congratulations! :3

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After maybe 10-20 years, yea. You have to intern for a long time still, and unless you go into private practice you're not going to be making that much when you're a starting doctor.
It's not nearly that long unless you're trying to become a psychiatrist. A normal doctor needs 4 years of med school, 2 year internship, 2 year residency, unless I'm mistaken. And even then, "not that much" is still a huge salary, statistically speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom