Magic the gathering

Best answers
does anyone around here plays magic? because I have been collecting for about 4 years now, and I want to know if anyone around here plays it.

and for those of you which are collecting for for a decent amount of time: what deck do you have?

Best answers
I started playing Magic the Gathering around 1995 and quit buying cards around 2000 - 2001. The game started to get stale for me at that point, all i kept seeing was 1-3 turn kill combos. I used to play a black/artifact deck that was ment for fun more than winning.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i only know magic and mayhen, is that the game or is it something els?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i was a vivid collector as a kid, still got em, quite a few.. black deck, fire deck, foest deck, sun deck, water deck and lots of random decks, still fun, though i dont play it at all.. might sell well though =)

Best answers
You know, a new version is out, and the idea is all-colors decks and machine decks (infinite combo decks).
I have a nice red/black/blue/artifact deck, and it is very good. by the way, does anyone here has the card "wrath of god"?

Best answers
Ive got a killer blue deck.. And you know these new versions are okay i did manage to get a card called the World Destroyer.. very nice rare little sword :D anyways yea i collect but i havent played in a long time

Best answers
Maybe that is "sword of kaldra"? gives +5 +5?
well I got the helm of kaldra lately, and the shield, but the sword is missing. still, i never guessed that they were so many exe-collectors here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play MTG like...when I was in 5th grade (currently going into my Senior year of highschool). I never really was good or anything, I just had a ton of cards (they're still around here somewhere). I remember I had some dragon card that was like 7/7 and I was like ":O!! ULTIMATE :O!!!"

Best answers
too bad that everyone that says he knows what magic is, also says he quited a brazillion years ago.

partly related: a few hours ago, i had a magic spree with my friend, which ended up 8 wins 0 losses for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i play it. i run a couple different decks but im still kinda new to the game. the only reason i got into it is because i use to work at an arcade that sold the cards there so i would spend my hours looking at the cards in the commons and uncommons.

but yeah ill list some decks i run.

type 2
this deck is mainly to play against affinity decks
lands
4x Vault of Whispers
16x swamps

creatures
4x Royal Assasin
4x Disciple of the Vault
4x Emissary of Despair
4x Leaden Myr
4x Myr Enforcer

other
4x consume spirit
4x Welding Jar
4x lightning greaves
4x Demon's Horn
4x Diabolic Tutor

then of course i have a multiplayer deck
its a monoblack
25 lands

creatures
4x severed legion
4x shepard of rot
4x magget carrier
4x festering goblin
1x grinning demon
1x reiver demon

spells
4x dark banishing
4x consume spirit
3x megrim
3x mind rot
1x necrogen mist
1x grave pact
1x larceny
1x words of waiste

then i ahve a random elven deck, and a affinity deck

Best answers
Yeah, i play quite avidly. Currently have 15 built decks, the best of which wins through an infinite combo sequence involving mind over matter, and tolarian academy, along with a lot of card draw and combo. I've also got good sliver, enchantress, and aggro-red decks. As for the sword thing, Worldslayer is what Decline was talking about, completly seperate from Sword of Kaldra.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a green deck. Pretty strong, heavy damage, its been atleast 2 years since ive played. I eneted in a contest once and got 4th :-/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play as well, I only played it for a few months with my friend. It was fun, but I wouldn't buy any cards myself, I didn't think it was THAT great.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like Mr. S, I used to play Magic in the 5th grade and a bit more into the 6th grade. I used to purchase cards a lot, but that was back in '95/'96. I haven't bought a pack since. I still, occasionally, play a game or two with one of my buddies, since they, for the most part, use older decks, too.

Other than that...can't say I've done much with MTG since then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i won the nottingham championships a while back, still got the plaque and a box of booster packs, reason i won was because we could "redesign" our decks to our opponents, and all the tits i fought were stubborn and never changed there "perfect decks", in the finals, was quite impressive, he got a crapload of creatures straight up after 3 turns while i was getting nothing but swamps, then while he was still waiting for his summoning sickness to go from his 12/12 card i couldnt remember, and a couple of other goodys he just played, i pulled out the perish card, it destroys all forest cards in play for both players and cannot be regenerated, since i didnt have any in my deck at all, all his good creatures were pwned, and over the next three turns, i managed to pull out a bog elemental, skeletal croc and and enslaved horror, once played, his bad luck showed with no creatures for 5 turns, and died with no comeback, oh poor him, seemed dead upset, teach him to not change his "perfect" deck through the tourny =D

Best answers
I got a couple decks not much, my cousin and his friends play and he got me into it. I have a deck that is Green mostly and it basically makes all enemy units kill themselves by blocking 1 of my units that has some hammer that instantly destroys both attacking and blocking creatures. I'm kinda a noob though as you can tell.

Best answers
I'm a senior in High School. I have one deck, a blue/artifact deck (Darksteel's new modular feature). I haven't played in months and stopped collecting a month after I started, not interested in blowing anymore money, I still play when I can though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom