Maddox something or other, i dunno some jackass

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, i'm sure a lot of you have heard about this guy, and his site But i was just wondering what you all thought of well, one the way he thinks, and 2. if you agree or disagree with what he says.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

That is on the recent movie "star wars episode 3"

Personally i think this guy is a moron, because well 1. he loves to contradict himself, which i won't get too much into. And two, i think he acts this way to basically just be different. Besides the fact that 1. anakin turns to the dark side to save padme then trys to kill her then as darth vadar says "omg is padme ok?" it was still a good enjoyable movie. This thread isn't solely about Star wars it's about all his little remarks about all stuff on his site
http://maddox.xmission.com/

I was just wondering your opinion that's all. If a mod sees this as advertising you can edit and close the thread, if you see it as a future flame war, again you can close it. or i'll just delete it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When visiting a site that clearly is a person's personal domain to express his opinion, albeit you disagree with it or not.

I don't see a point in creating a thread about it, when there really is no right answer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My advice, don't take anything he says seriously. I doubt even he takes half the stuff he says seriously. It's just funny ass ****, read it for the laughter.

"I am able to detect subtle emotional changes in someone's personality like fear, but I was somehow unable to detect a conspiracy involving 200 000 STORMTROOPERS AND EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE ****ING REPUBLIC!"

I almost pissed my pants right there, haha.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It *should* go without saying that he writes to press peoples' buttons and make people laugh, but since it needs to be said, you may reread the first sixteen words of this sentence to reassure yourself.

I've seen Episode 3 and I happen to agree with most of his points. I just personally didn't see it as a very good movie, and I felt he pointed out the flaws pretty well, even if he exaggerated them. I didn't really see any personal contradictions in that review, but I could just be missing it. The fact of the matter is, just because you liked Star Wars Episode 3 doesn't mean he's a jerk, same as thinking he has good points doesn't mean you have Episode 3.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well yeah though i don't like him, he does prove some good points, and he's funny. And of course he is entitled to his own opinion. Like when he said "at the end he took a **** on the script" i literally fell out of my chair laughing. (I also find his hate mail to be more humorous then his "articles" i guess you would call them)

And Synth, I know that this thread doesn't have much of a point, hence I put it in Off Topic. I just wanted to know what some people here thought of his articles or himself in general that's all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That guys the greatest.

Its hard to imagine how many people take him seriously.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, don't take Maddox seriously, like Mr. Boyster said, he just loves to push buttons. He's probably one of the main reasons why people think it's cool to be a jerk on the interweb.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh i personally have to agree with him alot of the time. the things he points out are well thought out and if ya can proove him wrong on things send him and e-mail and then you will probabily be destroyed in the hate mail section. the guy is smart period. his starwars review was right on the money

Best answers
I totally agree with pineapple. Although he is really harsh and just makes it this harsh to offend people he is ****ing hilarious! And all his arguments are fool proof, most of the times it aren't the best arguments but you can't take them down. The first time i discovered his site the only thing i could do was laugh...btw you should check his article about the amount of visitors he gets (its more than McDonalds etc)..

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who would visit a site about McDonalds anyways?

So they can hear unlimited remixes of the jingle, "I'm lovin' it?"

Best answers
Yeh Maddox is a funny bastard. Back when I first found it I sent him an email and he actually replied, which I thought was rather odd. I felt special :laff: .

If you like this guy though, you should read some stories from www.tuckermax.com as he is equally as funny. Big warning though, he's very very crude and it's not for people that are politically correct. I actually find Tucker Max funnier.

Best answers
I think his arguments are always good, and he really knows how to make a point. I love reading his stuff, and the harshness just makes it funnier. He voices opinions that a lot of people agree with, but aren't really worth the time or inclination for most people to base a website on it. I personally love reading it, just to realise how much I agree with the stuff he's saying.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is just pathectic. Just some person wasting his time in undermining events of the world or something rarther

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
this is just pathectic. Just some person wasting his time in undermining events of the world or something rarther
He updates once a month at best, he's writing a book, he also might be doing a comic book. You spend more time on this forum than he does on his website. So who is wasting their time? ;)

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
He updates once a month at best, he's writing a book, he also might be doing a comic book. You spend more time on this forum than he does on his website. So who is wasting their time? ;)
^^ Haha!
Maddox = Intraweb's biggest e-pen0r

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And rightfully so. The guy's smart and a friggin' hilarious writer. I love seeing how many people are stupid enough to take him completely seriously.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
that's a bit of an unfair comment.

but seriously ,ican't be bothered to hear people go on and complain about events of the world and movies and such

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so then dont read it :p

i find maddox pretty amusing actually, its always amusing to me to hear someone go over the top :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, the only thing funnier than Maddox is when people take Maddox seriously and blow a gasket/send him hatemail. I love his site. XD

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love when people send Maddox hate mail, as if Maddox broke into their homes, and threatened to plunder their treasure, and rape the women, or whatever pirates do, unless they read his site. Nobody forces his opinions down your throat, where do they get off forcing theirs down his?

"OMGOSH, I READ YOUR SITE UNDER MY OWN WILL, AND I DISAGREE, YOU ARE NOW A HOMO, AND I AM GOING TO E-MAIL YOU AND TELL YOU."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom