madcat mk3 WIP

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i finaly made something i can make but there is one problem.
the pollycount is to high. :devil:

polly:6729

the directx mesh tool doesn't show it on screen so maybe someone know the problem.
and i nead someone to make the whole skeleten over again to make it move like a real battlemech.
and a skinner but that's easy for a skinner(i think) ;D

Best answers
6729 polys? That can be reduced, BIG TIME. I could make it very similar and with only 1000 polys, possibly less. Looks good if your not focusing on polycount.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, i made the upper boddy now 1724 polly.
and that's a lot of polly reduse since it was over 4100.
the lower boddy is lost now becours my pc did something stupid so i overwrite it in a hurry, but that's done in a sec.

Best answers
i hate to say it, but i made a madcat 3 (< am the biggest mech warrior fan since the old battle tech cartoons :D) err i made one and it only came to 980 polys lol and its really sweet! you made yours by cylinders and boxers by the looks of things and it looks terrrible!

all i can say is learn poly by poly it makes it like 10 times better,

am sorry if this sounds harsh but its true it dosnt look any thing like the mad cat 3 mech>_< plus you got the lasers on his arms wrong (there more of a box shape then that....) the feet are way to small, you got the knees (the joint on the back of the leg) its to low it needs to be higher up....

good try any way

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the lasers are not wrong if i make my own one, so i don't nead to mutch to aim on.
i'm trying to get this mech in esf and bfp but with realistic movemens.
and i'm a big n00b in modeling chars so that's wy i make something i CAN make good.

i make the lower part over again, trying to make the madcat mk2 lower part.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mm i disagree nightmare, learning poly by poly isnt better, its good to know, and comes in handy sometimes, if your new to modeling your models will be fairly high poly usually, then as you get better you learn how to optimize the mesh better and get a lower count to detail ratio...

i think it looks good. id like to see more of your work and crit it :) (i dont know much about battletech stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom