Macbook Air monitor problem

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey guys, looked at a Youtube video, and during very dark scene transitions I noticed a big discrepency in my screens light distribution, I took a picture of it with my phone. Wonder what such a thing is called. I've heard about monitor bleeding, lightning bleeds throughout the screen (?), but this kind of seems to be the opposite. It kind of looks like a big shadow in middle of the monitor.

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 9.33.16 PM.png

I calibrated the monitor (did not have a clue what I was doing), it seemed to help a bit though.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Never heard of such a problem but there is probably a mac forum where you can find more answers. :)

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you actually want an opinion on this, put on a pure-black screen and make a photo while directly in front of the screen. It's very important that you don't take photos (or view the monitor) from angles. And, for reference, you could also make a photo of a pure-white screen.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Why? Because that is a pure black screen, and the only reason I took the picture from an angle was solely because the issue is more prominent then, and I wanted to have it visible while taking a picture with the phone.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LCD screens always have a tone difference at an angle

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
With all the bright icons on it, it isn't exactly pure black, now is it? ;)
Because I can't make out anything on this photo. You need some uniform color screens, ideally some with gray shades as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom