Mac OS-X Rwnt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, yea, I read about that a little while ago. Pretty funny =).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So?

This happens on Windows too, but on a daily basis... and not by malicious hackers, but by infected computers scanning random IP ranges and using remote exploits

Remote root/admin exploits aren't really that uncommon in closed-source operating systems

Best answers
Kurt` said:
So?

This happens on Windows too, but on a daily basis... and not by malicious hackers, but by infected computers scanning random IP ranges and using remote exploits

Remote root/admin exploits aren't really that uncommon in closed-source operating systems
I fully agree.. Every system can be hacked, every system has its flaw..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
. . . which was my point, so what is your's and Kurts? LOL.

Seriously though, this is just to point out that any software has vulnerabilities, not just stuff from M$.

Best answers
Well, I guess Kurt's and my point is: You come here and go all "OMG MACOSX GOT TEH PWNED" because they could hack it, while Windows gets hacked every minute somewhere on this earth.. Want me to create a thread every time Windows got hacked?

Yes, I'm an Apple fanboi, but I do realise that MacOS X is far from perfect, it has its flaws just like any other software.. But vulnerability isn't the only reason I dislike Windows..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Want me to create a thread every time Windows got hacked?
You'd have to go back in time about 10 years and write a script to post about 100 times a minute lol

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Well, I guess Kurt's and my point is: You come here and go all "OMG MACOSX GOT TEH PWNED" because they could hack it, while Windows gets hacked every minute somewhere on this earth.. Want me to create a thread every time Windows got hacked?

Yes, I'm an Apple fanboi, but I do realise that MacOS X is far from perfect, it has its flaws just like any other software.. But vulnerability isn't the only reason I dislike Windows..
Alright, I posted this to illustrate a point, point illustrated. Everyone knows that Windows has exploitable weaknesses, but not everyone thinks that Apple does. They do . . . so while my point is a valid educational point, your's is apple fanboy whining. I suggest you move along before I decide that you actually are Bolty ban evading. [/endstronghint]

As for Kurt's comment, it only illustrates my point further: everybody knows about windows, but not everyone thinks that about Mac.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm at work. Macintosh related tech support calls and emails sent today: Over a dozen, and I've only been here for two hours. PC-related calls and emails? Zero...

...nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom