M1 Garand Rifle

Best answers
If I shouldn't post this weapon blame David..he told me to post it here :p

This is my first real go at weapon modelling, if you don't know about the weapon just tips about how to weapon model would be alot of help.

At the min its just for a college project and because I wanted to model it :p

Any feedback will be great, thanks for reading.

ps. I know somethings need smoothing etc, but im still doing the basic build of it / and the top part is getin re done, I didn't like it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not to blame >;o

=D looking good, it looks good so far, have you started working on the metal yet? i'd love to see how u do that ^_^, from what i know about rifles it looks pretty spot on atm =P

Best answers
Lol yes you are to blame, you said post it here :p

Anyway, not started anymore yet as like I said to you on msn mate i've got New York coming up next week. Once im back im going to work solid on it.

So if anyone who know about weapon modelling or knows what I should be doing could give me some tips to work on, that would be great.

Best answers
looks pretty good sofar, Ima gun guy :), only crit i have sofar, is the top of the butt of the rifle looks flat, i beleive the Garand comes to a nice rounded top :)

I have a harder time modeling objects than i do with characters lol so i dont have a good method for making one. I just like to shoot rifles ;D

heres a quick drawover :)

Best answers
Yeah I knew about that part, I was leaving it till later :p Im a ww2 nut so I know my weapons lol The indent at the top too will be put in later, I wanna get the basic build all done first then put in the detail.

Thanks for point out the parts that I need to do though, I need to get round to doing more >_<

Best answers
lol >< sorry i couldnt help ya on anythin you didnt already know :)

looks good :) cant find anythin else to crit ^_^

Best answers
No no mate, I knew about them but its good to point them out..kind of reminds me to get my rear end in gear and get it done lol.

Once I do more I think more can be said as such, but im finding it hard to get free time. Like I said once im back from my New York trip next week i'll get more done.

Thanks again for replying.

Best answers
lol no prob, keep up the good work, Looks very promising :)

Best answers
I re-did the top like I said I would, and I have a feeling I might have to re-do the stock of the rifle. I've got some odd smoothing problems, no idea if thats just me though.

Where the smoothing is, its kind of black and well..just looks wrong lol Might be my poly flow.

New top :

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, you dont think thats smooth >_>? it looks spot on now, just wondering, whats the poly count on this so far? heh, i can see this being uber detailed atm =] i'll look forward to it

Best answers
Ah poly :p well its around 500 odd at the min, but I think thats down to the stock. If I need to cut down polys I can there, but at the min that ain't too bad.

This is for fun and for a college project anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin good!

Can you post a wireframe of this bolt-action wonder? How many ref pics are you using?

What program are you working with?

Best answers
It ain't bolt action but its a bloody good rifle lol :p and yeah i'll stick a wire up once im home.

Ref pics...hmm lets see, i've got over 20 of this rifle from different angles etc.

Oh and I work in 3D Studio Max 5.

Best answers
lol The Garand was good because it was semi auto XD. [cept for the whole not being able to reload ... and the really loud noise made by the garand when the clip ejects lol.. It made for a good trick tho .. thow a magazine on the floor and wait for your enemy to run around thinking your reloading :)]

looks good sofar, keep it up ^_^

Best answers
Bile mate, you know your stuff :p glad theres more people around that know something about ww2 weapons like me lol.

As for wireframe, you want it alone or a pic of it over the model if you get me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom