M.U.G.E.N & Other Related to it

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm looking for the Mugen game. It's a quite well known 2D Fighting game which you can add your own characters as you please. I know about DBZ Millennium, and M.U.G.E.N Itself, but i know there are different kind of fighting games like mugen, and also with dragonballz Characters in it.

I'm asking if people can provide me with images & links of those games (with DBZ Characters in it) that works on WinXP. I know there are 2 (or more) kind of different MUGEN engines.. One of them you are able to even struggle energy waves, and transform at will. This is not the normal Mugen I'm talking about. This Mugen has a more advanced system for fighting, transformations and attacks.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember playing DBZ Mugen 24/7 awhile back, my parents walking by me on the PC, having no idea what I was really doing, and wondering who's ass I was kicking. I suppose they were listening to the keys I was hitting like a machine gun. That game would literally have me playing till my fingers cramped up. If anyone knows any links, I'd also be interested in them.

Edit: Oh I checked out DBZ Millenium, it exactly being what I used to play. Thx for reminding me.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Edit: Oh I checked out DBZ Millenium, it exactly being what I used to play. Thx for reminding me.
Your welcome, the problem is still i can't play some of the MUGEN games on WINXP. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a Windows version of MUGEN available, but I don't know if you can use it to get the old MUGEN games running.

MUGEN is pretty cool, my cousin once made an excellent MUGEN game with sick ass characters from King of Fighters, Street Fighter and DBZ. He had this Goku character that could use sick Ultimate moves where he'd use Kaioken, or one of his SSJ transformations. It could also fuse with a Vegeta character, I believe, but I don't remember seeing it. It was very hard to do. o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive downloaded mugen a hundred times, but my computer cant run it because mine is windows xp and not MS-dos, if you find a windows version give me the link please

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I love you loads MC, and thank u for the link Marvin! :)

I've found some information to make MUGEN games work with WINXP:

1? Step - GRAPHICS

To run Mugen on Windows XP you have to change a mugen file. Inside the folder DATA (inside mugen main folder) exist a file named mugen.cfg, open it with notepad. Search for the key [video], you will find something like:

Code:
[Video]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 320
Height = 240
Change the values to:

Code:
Width = 640
Height = 480
Scrool down some lines in the same file and you will find:

Code:
;Choose from "1" for VESA1, "Linear" or "Banked" for VESA2, and "3" for
;VESA3.
;Note: VESA1 is very slow on certain video cards, especially the newer
;ones. "Linear" or "3" is usually the fastest for new cards.
;Default is "Linear".
Vesamode = Linear
Change the value to:

Code:
CODEVesamode = 1
Now close the file (don't forget to save) and you are ready to run mugen under Windows XP.

2? Step - SOUND

To make sound work in mugen you have to edit the file autoexec.nt (located at c:\windows\system32) with notepad.

Just go to the last line of your autoexec.nt file and insert this line:

Code:
CODESET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6
Save the file, reboot your system, and now you have sound in your mugen, have fun.

Best answers
Search DBZ vs Street Fighter in google and you'll find an awesome M.U.G.E.N game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, i already got it. Not that great in my opinion, there must be more Dragonballz Mugen games better then this one. Even at my Dads place i have a MUGEN game which is far far better then these ones.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hehe Mugen is so old school, I remember playing with it back in 1999. I cannot believe Elecbyte ran off with the money that was donated to them to port a version of windows...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I cannot believe Elecbyte ran off with the money that was donated to them to port a version of windows...
They ran off with the money? Omg, that's really harsh. But, there are tons of Mugen versions, these links you guys gave me is not the one i am looking for. There is another Dragonballz fighting games, perhaps it may not be mugen. But it really looks like mugen, that's for sure.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I tried editing the mugen.cfg file, and it won't let me save, giving me this 'read only file' error.

I guess I am out of luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Yeah, I tried editing the mugen.cfg file, and it won't let me save, giving me this 'read only file' error.

I guess I am out of luck.
Nah, do this:

Right-click the .cfg file, and click 'Properties'. Then there'll be an option to turn the file read-only, or to turn it off. It should be read-only, so if you disable it, you can edit it all you want.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Yea, i already got it. Not that great in my opinion, there must be more Dragonballz Mugen games better then this one. Even at my Dads place i have a MUGEN game which is far far better then these ones.
Then you should try Evil Ken. He's awesome. Also try downloading Dragonball Z MUGEN Edition 2

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Heh, before upgrading to XP I used to play DB vs SF all the time. It ruled. Skyrider, just making sure you know but the better chars are off to the sides offscreen. Like SSJ4 Gogeta, Broli, Evil Ken, Cyber Akuma, people like that.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
They ran off with the money? Omg, that's really harsh. But, there are tons of Mugen versions, these links you guys gave me is not the one i am looking for. There is another Dragonballz fighting games, perhaps it may not be mugen. But it really looks like mugen, that's for sure.

===================
HISTORY OF WINMUGEN
===================

As you probably know, Elecbyte asked for donations for their WinMUGEN project, to buy a software compiler. Then, on April 14 2004, they released MUGEN for Linux, abandoning DOS MUGEN.

Those who donated were e-mailed a secret link to a password-protected website that contained a downloadable private beta version of WinMUGEN.

WinMUGEN is the same as Linux MUGEN, except for the following.

1. A transparent box with the following message:
"M.U.G.E.N 2002.04.14 PRIVATE MU TEST.
DISTRIBUTION STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS TEST."

2. Limited Features.
It accepted only 2 characters to be on the select screen at the same time. It also had limitations for the number of stages, and most play modes were disabled. There was no full motif support either.

The people who received the WinMUGEN beta had to agree never to talk about it.

But, as time passed, an unknown number of people had been giving out their user names, passwords and links for WinMUGEN.

Elecbyte noticed the increased number of logins or the increased bandwidth and removed the links. The links were replaced with a poem. This poem was about people doing something they should not be doing.

Some time later, the first public hack of the WinMUGEN version appeared on the Internet.

http://www.geocities.com/elecbyte1 and http://www.geocities.com/elecbyte1/winmugen.html

The version of WinMUGEN was 2002.04.14, but it was modified and hacked. It had the blue box removed, and the version number changed to "M.U.G.E.N 2003 Beta V3.08.2 w2003.06.14b". "Elecbyte" in the main menu had been changed to "Elecbyte1".

What really made Elecbyte close their page in November 2003 after they announced they had encountered a "snag" in development is still unknown. The reason might be leaks and the WinMUGEN hack, but it is only speculation. Also, out of the thousands of people in MUGEN, only a handful really showed enough support to donate.

Despite indications, Elecbyte cannot be accused of "abandoning" the community. If anything, it was the other way round. Leaks and hacks disrespected and abandoned Elecbyte. More and more people were complaining about how they "needed" WinMUGEN, and that WinMUGEN would never be done, when in fact WinMUGEN already existed in secret. It existed at least since early 2002.

In those years since 2002, the circle of people who had the original, unaltered WinMUGEN were silent, except for the individuals who leaked and hacked. When the hack was discovered, the common policy was to keep silent. Out of respect for Elecbyte's wishes, the hack was not promoted, and people doing so were "persecuted."

Most of the people who received the WinMUGEN beta from Elecbyte kept it a secret. It has been only recently that more and more information on WinMUGEN has been made available.

The reason why people are now talking openly about it is simple: The obvious reason not to talk about WinMUGEN was because Elecbyte prohibited it. Elecbyte would certainly NOT release WinMUGEN to the public if their beta-testers would betray them. So they kept quiet.

But by now, Elecbyte has been gone for a long time. Should they ever choose to return, the community will gladly welcome them back. But for now, just about everyone is convinced that "the community" is left to themselves. People who have been formerly against leaking of WinMUGEN and modifying WinMUGEN now support it, due to the disapearance of Elecbyte, and no official release of WinMUGEN. It was decided so by many of us, for the sake of the whole MUGEN community as a whole, transcending places, races and abilities.

Less and less computers are supporting DOS. Many MUGEN creators are now part of elitist circles who barely progress anymore and keep mostly to themselves, also because of the lack of the ability to run MUGEN in modern computers. Elecbyte's unannounced disappearance and the profound reality of DOS MUGEN malfunctioning in modern systems and operating systems such as Windows 2000, Windows XP and above is the prime reason why the WinMUGEN hack has been made and produced. It was a hard desicion, but there was simply no other choice. With this, the legacy of MUGEN and the MUGEN community will be assured that it can continue to thrive in the future.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I love you loads MC, and thank u for the link Marvin! :)

I've found some information to make MUGEN games work with WINXP:
1? Step - GRAPHICS

To run Mugen on Windows XP you have to change a mugen file. Inside the folder DATA (inside mugen main folder) exist a file named mugen.cfg, open it with notepad. Search for the key [video], you will find something like:

Code:

[align=left][Video]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 320
Height = 240[/align]
</pre>

Change the values to:

Code:

[align=left]Width = 640
Height = 480[/align]
</pre>

Scrool down some lines in the same file and you will find:

Code:

[align=left];Choose from "1" for VESA1, "Linear" or "Banked" for VESA2, and "3" for
;VESA3.
;Note: VESA1 is very slow on certain video cards, especially the newer
;ones. "Linear" or "3" is usually the fastest for new cards.
;Default is "Linear".
Vesamode = Linear[/align]
</pre>
Change the value to:

Code:

[align=left]CODEVesamode = 1[/align]
</pre>
Now close the file (don't forget to save) and you are ready to run mugen under Windows XP.

2? Step - SOUND

To make sound work in mugen you have to edit the file autoexec.nt (located at c:\windows\system32) with notepad.

Just go to the last line of your autoexec.nt file and insert this line:

Code:

[align=left]CODESET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H7 P330 T6[/align]
</pre>
Save the file, reboot your system, and now you have sound in your mugen, have fun.
Sorry to say this Sky. But ive tryed that and it dosent work. Getting the same cant change graphics mode error as allways ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look guys, downloading certain mugens arent nessecary, just download the regular mugen, donwload 90 characters, and 90 stages, and make your own mugen, it couldnt just be street fighter vs dragonball z, there are characters from SNK,ninja turtles,sonic characters, you could have a mix of everybody, then maybe you could upload your own mugen, then your mugen would be the one everyone wants

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom