Lust

Best answers
Yeah, i just didnt want to be the ass who ruined it for everyone who wanted to discuss this topic because i get pissed off too easily.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Yeah, i just didnt want to be the ass who ruined it for everyone who wanted to discuss this topic because i get pissed off too easily.
Both you and Xenogias got into what I predicted.
Religion can be very interesting to debate but alot of people here, kids or not, lack of the maturity to do so in a civilized way without pushing they're beliefs onto one another.

Xenogias you mentioned god before. Most people have the idea that god is some kind of inmortal powerful guy somewhere up in the sky with white hair and a huge amount of facial hair. This is not so true for everyone, some people believe in "god" as a energy to keep them going, which dosent have to meet the descriptions you, and alot of other people, have of "him".
I personally don't believe in a god but who knows maybe there will be "someone" to prove me wrong when I pass away.
But something I really doubt is that he/she/it will consider "lust" anything else than another aspect of life itself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on the kind of lust.

I had a girlfriend once who cheated on me with five separate people, one of which was a one night stand with another girl she didn't even know. I know a lot of things about her past now that I didn't then, and I also had the amusement of finding out about each consecutive 'other lover' from the first (i.e. ME: "You're sleeping with my girlfriend!?" GUY 1: "Your girlfriend? I thought she was going out with GUY 2?" etc. etc.). I promptly canned the skank and learned all kinds of interesting things about her. She met a guy a few towns over and blew him in the middle of a pool hall every time they saw each other. Once, she wore a skirt and--you can figure what happened then. She is very attractive but also very crafty, and she knows and is proud of what she does.

She's made some similar arguments when I confronted her. "It's natural"..."I was just following how I felt"..."Moment of weakness"...all bull****. She ****ed all of those people because she didn't give enough of a **** about ANY of us, and out of the selfish desire to be sexually worshipped.

I can see what you mean, Rayna, about lust being a natural part of life. But the line is clearly drawn somewhere--and when people's emotions are at stake you can't go around playing games like this girl did. It's just not right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lusting is wanting to get down and boogie with another person for the sole purpose of getting down and boogie-ing. If all you want is some hot chick's body, you sir are lusting.

You dont need to be married to lust -_-. Oh, and lusting is A-Ok with my god (The Flying Spaghetti Monster). So is just about everything else
A lot of the posters on the first page just went in circles with the reproduction thing. I'd say Zeonix was the first, and probably only person who clearly simplified the meaning of lust. Anyhow, among millions of other things, human beings have been given genitalia for a reason. So, to all of you, you only live for so long, have fun and do what you can before you die. Sex isn't dangerous in the least, just know who you're sexing and be safe about it. Raise your middle finger towards the sin of lust, if you feel it's necessary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
So... your post is off topic.
I already knew I was going off-topic. I didn't care though. I do love to get carried away on the subject (which turned into religion although the thread itself had somewhat to do with religion itself).

Walmart Security guy... im calling you Walmart guy cause your name is too long :p

Also I wasn't angry (though I didn't think you were, WS). Anyway, i'll be staying away from this thread.

I apologize to Deman, WS and anyone else who didn't like what I had to say.

Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
Lust is considered a sin because you can only lust after someone IF YOU ARE MARRIED. Which you are supposed to stay true to your spouse. That's why it's considered a sin. There, problem solved.
I was under the Impression that Lust was the desire for an Un-Pure Sexual Act, where as Un-Pure is with the intents other than Reproduction, Such as Hot Moneky Sex :D (That post STILL kills me)

I belive Lust as a sin is to incourage Self disiplin in one's own mind, Because Lust is loosely defined as a Strong Sexual Desire, Or longing. (Yay Google :( )

Factoring in the bilogical responces naturaly imprented in one's DNA, and mental conditoning during stated one's youth, will produce these stimulas automaticly, i belive it is actualy refering to the Revaling or Concious Contenuation of Such thoughts is what is being refered to.

Some people could go so far as to say, that Religion is the conditioning of youth to get stated youth to grow into respectable adults; where as the details would varie case by case but the end result would be giving them a foundation of socialy acceptable guidlines; Yet another vantange point to consider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lust = overpowering desire, whether its sexual, or just wanton, like a craving, you can lust after a person, or an object, hell, how many people can honestly say theyve never lusted after a bar of chocolate? <3

my opinion, is that religion is the invention of the unintelligent, the people who think "well if we cant explain it, lets say god did it". lust is a chemical reaction in the brain, much like everything else we do. religious people would call it a mortal sin, i just say its your natural drive saying your body is ready for something.

as i said before, you live life by your choices, dont fear death, or what comes after it, once your there, itll be too late to look back anyway! grab life by the balls, and milk it for all its worth. if that means "sinning" and giving into your carnal desires a few times along the way, then so be it! i would rather regret doing something, than not doing it.

simple philosophy, but its kept me happy for a long time.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I can see what you mean, Rayna, about lust being a natural part of life. But the line is clearly drawn somewhere--and when people's emotions are at stake you can't go around playing games like this girl did. It's just not right.
It is natural. Now weither you choose to have common sense and respect other people's feelings or not is another thing. But whatever your choice is it will hunt you down, be sure of that. And that girl is digging her own grave as she will notice one day nobody cares about her anymore simply because she isnt worth it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to get too into the topic and all that. I really have only one question.
My question is "What do you care?"
I mean, so what if people lust, everyone does it. Priests do it.
Hell, rabbi's do it-so ha to christianity being the only religion.
Anywho- unless you are highly religious, I don't see a reason for anyone to care. Some people just want a good time. It feels good. And there is no harm in it as long as it's not rape and things go the way they want (no one wants an STD)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
My question is "What do you care?"
Well for me it's just to better the appearance of the human race. I don't like the fact that we are like rats in this type of situation.

Now, no way in hell am I suggesting people stop messing around. I'm talking about the amount of rape, too many one-night stands, and teen pregnancy. When you are below the age of 16 and you need to worry about if the condom broke or not, then you know you have a problem.

Remember, I'm talking about intercourse here, my opinion on the "alternatives" is quite more lenient :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was under the Impression that Lust was the desire for an Un-Pure Sexual Act
In what sense? The feelings & cravings men and woman experience when aroused by the opposite sex; figure, facial & body features, breasts, buttocks, etc., their genitals are automatically affected. Are you suggesting it's not pure nor natural for a man to have an irrection when seeing a woman's body, whether it's clothed or not? What is not pure about a woman reacting to a male's body with "lust", or "desire" to engage in a sexual intercourse? I still think it's more about moral and choice. If you're following certain morals you're most likely going to be aroused by the opposite sex whether you were raised to believe sex after marriage was morally right or not--but choose not to act, because as your overwhelming desire & craving for sex is getting stronger you're going to know subconsciously your decisions may conflict with your beliefs and of course affect the opposite sex's(unless they're ****-for-sale)--they may believe random acts of strange sex are wrong and decline your intentions. But, I don't believe a random act of sex with someone close, by means of lust is morally wrong, people who suffer from various genetic issues, potentially worse than anything you can get from unprotected sex, engage in familiar sex because it can be stress relieving, safer than alcohol(in some senses), safer than drugs & safer than heeding to any inhumane cravings, whatever they may be. Sex is for reproduction, making life, and it feels great, why? Where as the ending of life is death, and it feels terrible, why? I think that the whole process of reproduction can be considered an act of cruelty because this world is hardly fair enough at its current juncture for any forms of life. But in any case, lust can alse be an outcome of a chain of bad choices, being influenced by drugs & alcohol in some instances, or the result of a traumatic occurrence in one's life, and where at some point their desires, of any kind, may actually be out of their control and affect those around them.

Control, Moral and Choice is what I believe, we're all given the same thing, control it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom