Lust

Annie

A
it's one of the seven deadly sins but...if we didn't have lust...we wouldn't have a continually growing population...or one at all

all animals get lust for a reason

R-E-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N

leading therefore to the continuation of their species

I just find it odd how something that keeps us going as a species can also be seen as a sin =/ is it just me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread might possibly dip into religious debate... which is not allowed. So be aware this thread will be being watched very closely. I don't want to see any flaming. Keep it nice and clean.

As far as lust goes, I think as a sin, it's meant more along the lines of... being a whore. Having sex to have kids with your husband or wife would be fine, but if you start getting busy with the whole neighborhood (as it seems everyone does now-a-days), that would be the sin part of it.

At least that's my take on it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Annie said:
it's one of the seven deadly sins but...if we didn't have lust...we wouldn't have a continually growing population...or one at all

R-E-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N

I just find it odd how something that keeps us going as a species can also be seen as a sin =/ is it just me?
Last time I checked the planet was over populated, so humans should actually slow down with "reproduction".

And what pain said.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hot monkey sex is always good, no matter what people say. If your parents tell you, sex is bad, then ask them why did they did it.

Best answers
Lust is considered a sin because you can only lust after someone IF YOU ARE MARRIED. Which you are supposed to stay true to your spouse. That's why it's considered a sin. There, problem solved.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since when do people give a damn about sins >.> I mean evryone lies especialy round cristmass time if you knwo what i meen XD

Anyhow my thoughts are if you feel bad after doing it than its a sin if not than it isnt.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Since when do people give a damn about sins >.> I mean evryone lies especialy round cristmass time if you knwo what i meen XD

Anyhow my thoughts are if you feel bad after doing it than its a sin if not than it isnt.
NO! Screw you! Santa is real and you know it!!!

As for annies statement. I'm finally not lazy enough to post here.

You're wrong. Lust doesn't create "reproduction" it creates longing for someone.

You don't go "hmm I lust for that person *sexes* Oh look a baby :)"

You "love someone" or decided to have casual or kinky (I prefer kinky) sex and either by accident or by purpose birds+bees= stork

So, yeah. Put two and two together. Just because someone lusts for someone, doesn't mean we are going to reproduce. With out penis', vaginas, and knowing the to use them, we would THEN not be able to reproduce.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lusting is wanting to get down and boogie with another person for the sole purpose of getting down and boogie-ing. If all you want is some hot chick's body, you sir are lusting.

You dont need to be married to lust -_-. Oh, and lusting is A-Ok with my god (The Flying Spaghetti Monster). So is just about everything else.

@ the guy below me (i dont want to wait 2 minutes): Its the wanting part that people consider sinful. DOing the nasty with someone in your mind is just as bad as doing the nasty in reality (according to whomever made the 7 deadly sins).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well just close ur eyes and REPRODUCE XD. No lust needed -.- and thus no sin commited XD

Best answers
Lust: an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

You should have researched some before saying this, Annie, since it's not a sin to reproduce, it's a sin to "exceed the limits".

It's not a dumb thing though, it's a good way to keep the crowd scared and controled. More reproduction = more people = more mouths to feed (= more competence to the wealthy ones.)
This is quite unnecesary today when we have all kinds of ways to prevent pregnancy.
Sex in excess is considered by some a disgusting habit, usually people are egocentric and want the whole world to agree with them or else. Religion and sins are a good way to get away with it.

Best answers
Pain, your my hero! ^.^

I think some Bible verses could help in this thread. If this is against the rules then by all means, do as you wish.

It is true what Zeonix said in the latter part of his post, as you can see in this verse of the Bible:

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And as it says here, obvously fornication(sex out of wedlock) is wrong:

1 Corinthians 7:1-2 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny thread.

Um, anyway, I agree with what Pain said. I aint religious, dont beleive in a god and all that other crap, dont care. Only thing that matters to me while im alive, is that im alive. When im dead, im dead. I dont care if im going to the firey depth of hell or good ol' heaven. Chances are that I wont be with the people I love. So when you think about it. Heaven doesn't sound so great - personal gain.

If you dont give a crap that your family is going to hell but your the only one with a halo above your head while your wife and kids rot in hell, and your still happy, you dont diserve to be in heaven.

Either way... a book is a book. Written by man. We are the most evil sons of *****es on the face of the earth. Theres always a possibility that the Bible is simply a fairy tale, nothing can prove than the book of god was actually written by god. Not to mention the amount of times that bibles and holy documents have been "Edited".

Anyway... Sorry, got carried away... but I do enjoy debating about religion. Though no matter how many times your debate about it, no one is ever willing to see both sides of the coin (usually the religious ones - you dont care if the bible contradicts itself or not your dead set on your beleifs and your sticking to it till the day you die just so you can get yourself a one way ticket to heaven).

Also, whatever religion you follow. What makes your think your religion is the right one? Its a scheme I tellz ya.

I dont hate religious people or anything like that. But you let your beleifs and morals judge your sense of reality. I forgot where it was. But its actually been proven that Athiests are smarter than Beleivers (because of that part about beleifs and morals judging your sense of reality). Im not calling you guys dumb or anything but that type of thing really does cloud your mind.

The definition of the word, "Faith" (Dictionary.com)-

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.

Obviously you can see i've given alot of thought to this... I KNOW THIS IS NOT A DEBATE... But its hard not to say something when someone just preached to you a few lines from the bible =/

You can temporarily ban me or kick me for this, chances are the thread will be closed if a flame war errupts... my fault... but I really just couldn't resist.

Anyway... I already mentioned I agree with what Pain said.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Annie said:

R-E-P-R-O-D-U-C-T-I-O-N

The cardinal sins have a different meaning today than when they were written. Plus, there are multiple meanings for each word. For instance, "Pride." It is not a sin to be proud of your children for their accomplishments, or even yourself for doing something worthy of note. The 'deadly sin' of Pride has to do with being arrogant. 'Hubris' is a better word than 'pride' for this meaning.

In the case of 'lust,' the catholic church has a long history of denying/denouncing natural human behavior (sexual desire, masturbation, homosexuality, etc). But as people have argued, it is not a sin to have desires or impulses--only to act upon them. Catholicism suggests that people by nature are 'good,' but have sinful 'impulses'--if you can stop yourself from acting upon them, you do not sin by merely having the impulse.

GrimReaper said:
Last time I checked the planet was over populated, so humans should actually slow down with "reproduction".

And what pain said.
The planet isn't overpopulated. Many people throw these terms around--but if you're talking population density, the Earth can support many times more people than are currently alive. Cities can be overpopulated--like Bombay.

Fifteen years ago, Bombay had a population density of seventeen thousand, five hundred and fifty people per square mile, while the country of India on average was only 120 per square mile, versus numerous countries in Europe having averages of 130~160 and up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
*School House Rock song*
I learned like...Five new things from that one post...

Well anyway I think humans are little too obessed with lust. Why is the rape rate so high? I swear we are like rats when it comes to this stuff...

Funny though, men are the extreme majority ywhen it comes to being the rapist. I think if the majority of rapists were women, there would be less fuss.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not trying to be an a-hole, but I really wouldn't mind being raped by a woman (as long as I get to keep everything I was born with).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Im not trying to be an a-hole, but I really wouldn't mind being raped by a woman (as long as I get to keep everything I was born with).
You wouldn't say that if she was ugly, or had a facination with your anus.
>_>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You obviously don't know me o_o.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I took a sex crimes course this summer; we studied rape statistics (reporting, demographic, etc) and the only cases of "women raping men" were older women taking advantage of younger men.. and it's pretty rare. The only('vast majority') of "true" rapes that happen to men are by other men--and they're about power and control--not lust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom