Lust

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WS said:
I'm gonna treat heaven, hell and purgatory like they are real, because if they are (and in my religion they are, duhhh) then i atleast have a shot in getting into heaven.
To me, that sounds like a game. Anyway, its hard to beleive that a god could be so forgiving. If you ask me, "God" probably gave up a long time ago on humanity (this asuming there even is a god - im looking at it from the other side of the coin). We did kill his son afterall. Asuming Jesus is even real, according to every other religion hese not.

If god put us here to redeem ourselves (for the actions of Adam & Eve which is not our problem), then that just proves something. God is imperfect. Even his own angel betrayed him. If you want someone to Worship you. You make them, or you brainwash your creations while still giving them morals of what is wrong and what is right.

You do not apply free will. It doesn't work that way.

Then again, we all truely know the reason for beleiving in a god (or being religious). You cant denie it, and every person that I have asked this question to has admitted to it.

Why do you beleive in Religion/God?

Because your afraid of going to hell.

But guess what, theres 10+ more religions in the world. Yours could be the wrong one... its a 5-10% chance that your religion is the right one. What makes you so sure? Because a majority of people beleive in the Christian Faith? Because it seems like the easiest, less strict religion to follow? I dare you to become a Muslim.

Its like Bloody Mary all over again.

Fear god? Fear life.

Best answers
Xenogias, beware a religious flamewar. Let's avoid it here, I have many things to say too, but I don't.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every monotheistic religion acknowledges Jesus's existence as do scientists. The only thing people debate is whether he could walk on water, fly, go super human, kill people with a glance, bring them back, kill them again, lift up rocks 500 times his weight, and return from the dead.

Anywho, we were told not to make this into a thread that focuses on religion so don't.

My God is better than all of yours anyway. All of you can be saved if you simply believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Best answers
Yeah, my bad for almost triggering a religious flame war. Xenogias, there are many areas where you are wrong, and i can burn you bad on them too but im not gonna because I can get you and me and anyone else caught in our flame war banned or warned. If you want to continue discussing this issue safely (and i hope we can continue) then please send me a PM and we will talk.

Now all of us, lets start this whole thing over. What are your views on lust, and try to avoid any religious remarks, even though this thread does deal with religion.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Now all of us, lets start this whole thing over. What are your views on lust, and try to avoid any religious remarks, even though this thread does deal with religion.
And it does! There is no way we could discuss any moral issue without bringing religion into it.

Best answers
Mattman243 said:
And it does! There is no way we could discuss any moral issue without bringing religion into it.
There is a difference between comenting views on a certain sin and starting debating your religious beliefs.
And the way this thread was going it was turning into that.
Moral issues can be discussed about without going into religion.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why you people are so 'afraid' of talking about religion. Of course it is possible that people will flame each other, but you shouldn't let a possibility deter you from an interesting conversation.

This thread is based on religion--Annie's first words were the "seven deadly sins," which is a Catholic concept. The entire concept of "sin" is a religious one. Believe it or not, people are capable of peacefully discussing their religious beliefs without ridiculing each other.

Trying to avoid a flame war is an admirable goal, but just like in real life--the controversial topics are the most interesting. You just have to control yourself and expect the same from others.

Best answers
dont know if someone said this but i dont wanna read all the posts =( but ant having sex before getting married considered a sin also, i dont belive in all the sin stuff cuz everyone sins does that mean we all go to hell? or is hell where we currently are now?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
This thread might possibly dip into religious debate... which is not allowed. So be aware this thread will be being watched very closely.
@ Alea: Im thinking thats why we're less than enthusiastic when it comes to involving religion in this thread. We all know we're going to have different views as to which sect of Christianity believes what when it comes to lust. I guess that can be considered a religious debate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea has a point though. As long as no one's flaming it should be alright. The only reason I posted what I did was because every single religious thread in the past has erupted into flame wars (as stated in the AUP).

Thus far however, you guys have seemed to be able to control yourselves. If you can remain civil with each other, as you've been doing, I think it's safe to say the thread can stay open.

And of course if an admin thinks the thread shouldn't be allowed, it will die. Untill then, don't put me in a position to regret saying that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright since its been approved. Walmart guy, tell me what you wanted to say, here, in this thread, for everyone else to read. I'd like it if other people got involved in the debate.

I know that no matter how much we prove each other right or wrong a debate based on religion will never be won as one side will never ever bother to look at both sides of the coin (the religious side). Im not afraid to look at things at another point of view.

Just to let you know something, however...

I can only comprehend reality, anything you say that exists outside of the realm of 'reality' is something I simply cannot take to account. Im too aware, unlike the rest of the world, I refuse to dream. Reality is my curse.

I was born into reality, reality is what I comprehend.

Demons, Gods and Devils. All that nonsense is simply unrealistic to me.

Sorry for sounding like a robot... Its just the way I am.

Who knows if im right though. Death is a one way ticket... the only way to know for sure if there is a Heaven or Hell, is to simply die. I aint ready to die yet. So i'll continue to live as long as I can.

Humanity uses the term God, as a means to explain the existence of their own race. But even then there was a time when our race hadn't existed, and theres proof of that. This world has been here before use.

There is no answer to that question, and there is no answer to the existence of a god. If by logic, everything in this world has a creator, then who created god? Maybe god was able to die, just like use, then again the term god is a word created by us humans, to define an omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient being, who is supposedly immortal as well.

If a god can just 'exist', without a creator. Whats to say that humans cannot just 'exist' either? If the theory of evolution is correct then maybe this planet itself is a sort of god. Afterall this planet gives birth to many plants and insects. Everything that is born in this planet dies in this planet as well. Maybe the planet is one huge... fungus.

Maybe everything in this galaxy was just there. Afterall what kind of a god would create such a world shrouded by darkness? Or maybe the biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was making you beleive that god exists. heh...

That last part is a joke by the way. Dont take it literally.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I think a lot of philosophies and religions out there make it a point to cut down on our most strongest of urges(sex, eating, fighting) because of the strength it shows. If you can master these, it shows good self resolve. That's what I've always figured.

Oh Xeno, we're allowing this thread with religious basis to continue, not giving permission for people to debate on religion itself. So... your post is off topic. I'll not warn you this time, but in the future I will for such things. Anybody else who wants to respond to Xenogias, PM him. And Xenos, if you want to continue this, PM others.

Best answers
***I deleted my original post because I didnt want to trigger a flame war, please accept my apology.***

I'd like to be called Walmart Security, not walmart guy. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had faith that this thread might go on without flames. I guess I was wrong.

Warning to Walmart Security. No more religious debate. It's apparent you guys can't handle this like civilized people. For those looking forward to this topic, my apologies. Talk about lust without dipping into religion if you can. If not, don't.

Best answers
Im sorry everyone, didnt mean to do this i just couldn't take that from Xenogias. Pain, please keep it open for everyone else, i will stay away from it, I was the one who got into the religious flaming, its my fault and my actions shouldnt end this for everyone else.

@Xenogias - Sorry man, didnt mean to say that stuff, you probably wont know since im editing my post. If you want to continue (which you shouldnt, because look what I got myself into) then give me a PM, i guess.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know Deman already addressed this, but I'd like to reiterate on a more general level. When we said we would allow the bringing of religious debate into this thread, I believed it was implied that it would be in regards to the intended topic of debate, lust. Nowhere did any admin, mod, or likewise authority figure say that this thread was open to religious debate in general. Xenogias, your post was completely out of line, and is exactly why the AUP prohibits topics of a religious nature to co-exist with the other threads of the off-topic section. Posts like yours send threads into chaotic holy "flame" wars between religious-zealots and self-proclaimed atheists such as yourself.

If anything has been done by this thread so far, is that it has reassured that the internet, let alone a message board populated by teenagers, and young-adults is no medium to be discussing religions, because it can't be done so in a mature manner without respecting the opinions and beliefs of others while transcribing your own. In essence, the AUP is accurate, hence why it was put into place in the first place.

To that affect, as Pain so eloquently put it. This thread is now to be free of any religious discussion period. If any of you feel that the topic itself cannot be discussed without the freedom to bring religion into a response, then I see no reason to keep this thread open.

Please, prove me wrong.

Best answers
Opty, I apologized man, and i know that isnt enough but dont let my stupid actions ruin it for everyone else. Please keep this thread open and I promise to keep away. And im sure that no one else would start flaming about religion after they seen what happened to me and Xenogias.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I should never have given the go ahead to do so in the first place. I overstepped my bounds a bit, and for that I apologize. It's against the AUP for a reason. And that reason just showed itself.

With what just happend, I think the topic is still a little to sensitive for this thread to go on without flames if religion were introduced again. If a supermod or admin wants to allow it that's fine with me. But in all honesty, I doubt this thread will remain open much longer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think pretty much everything that had to be said about this subject has already been said. Really isnt any point in keeping this open any longer o_o.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom